Chapter 5: Thomas laugh was a great reminder that things could be worse.

I mentally cursed my birth as I stood in my bedroom going through my dresses. If I would have a dress to wear at the prom, I would have an excuse to NOT go dress shopping with Dennis, and I would save myself from the humiliation it would cause me. But noooo. Since I wasn't really the dress up girl, and never had been to a party except my French friend Mona's birthday party (Which only included ten of my nearest friends from France, and no alcohole), I didn't have many dresses. I had a black lace skater styled dress with golden spikes around the neck line, a pink plaid dress my mom brought me five years ago and a bright green one my dad bought for me from Holland three years back. Yes, my parents really doesn't know anything about fashion and teenagers. 

I only had one last hope. The dress in the box my mom gave me two nights ago. I hadn't dared to check it out, because I knew it would be awful. I mean, were talking about the woman who brought me a big pink glittery plush skirt for my sweet 16th and made me wear it to my first day of Sophomore year. Dressed me up in a aqua sequin dress for my Grandpa's birthday this year, and made me wear her red shoes with it. My mom knew how to dress herself, but never her daughter. 

I slowly made my way over to the pink box. Just the box screamed "Keep away if you don't want to look like Barbie" I grabbed the box from my chair, and moved it over to my bed carefully. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Chris voice boom from the door, making me jump and drop the box to the floor.

"Oh thanks again for knocking" I muttered, before turning around facing him. Mo brothers were both handsome, but Chris was the more mature handsome type. His dirty blonde hair was styled to perfection and his blue eyes shined with amusement over me. He didn't wear a shirt and his grey sweatpants hung low on his hips, showing off his six pack. Any girl from 13-25 would have swoon if they were in my position right now. Chris was hot, I will admit that, but his abs weren't half as amazing as Dennis.

I mentally hit myself for thinking about him. Ugh that boy started getting on my nerves. Every since I got her, he's all everyone talking about, even me. 

"The door was open" My brothers voice brought me out of my trance.

"You could still knock" I said, narrowing my eyes at him. What did he want anyways? Don't get me wrong. I love my brother. But he never comes to my room except when he want something from me. 

"I was just checking up on my sweet baby sister" He boomed with a high pinched girly voice, fluttering his eyelashes at me, looking completely stupid. 

"You want money, right?" I ask, and his act drops fast, and he sends me a proud smile. 

"Oh, see who know me" He said, overdramatic. "So, 20 dollars please with sugar on top"

I groan as I picked my wallet from my nightstand and threw it at him. He sent me his million dollar smile as he grabbed two 10 dollar bills, throwing my wallet at my bed, sending me a blow kiss before leaving.

"YOU COULD HAVE CLOSED MY DOOR" I yelled after him, gaining a laugh from down the hallway. 

"BUT WHY WAS IT OPEN WHEN I CAME" He yelled back. I just gonna yell back when,

"STOP YELLING I'M TRYING TO LISTEN TO MUSIC" Daniel yelled from his room, making me laugh. Daniel and his music. 

"SORRY BABY" I yelled, before walking over and shutting my door closed. 

My mood shifted quickly as I remebered the whole dress thing. I turned around looking at the pink box with a frown on my face. My mom would clearly get sad if I refused to wear it, but I knew I wouldn't like it.