Chapter 1: Dennis O'Brian

Chapter one: Dennis O'Brian

Everything has changed, I thought. Nobody will be exactly the same. Nothing will be exactly the same. I pushed the school doors open. France was maybe good as a freshman and sophomore. But this year was Junior year, and this was not France. You’ll be surprised Kylie, so much has changed in one year, Mitchell had said on the phone last night, making me even more concerned about me coming back.

“KYLIE” Someone screamed, ripping me out of my thoughts. I looked around and spotted a girl with olive skin and black hair up in a high pony running in my direction, pushing people out of her way. I laughed and opened my arms for my best friend.

“Mitch” I yelled, hugging her tightly. Yes, I had visited her for Christmas and for the start of summer break, but Mitchell and I were basically sisters and couldn’t be away from each other for more than some hours.

“I’ve missed you more than the flowers misses the rain in Greece in the middle of summer” She rambled, making me laugh.

“Oh, I’ve missed you too” I said, happily hugging her once more.

The two first periods wasn’t bad. I got well taken care of by some of Mitch’s friends when she wasn’t there to protect me from bitchy seniors, and I even met some of my old classmates. Everybody had of course changed. Everybody was taller and almost everybody had changed their style, and got new friends. It didn’t bother me though. The new teachers weren’t bad, and everything went nicely… Until I got lost. After second period it was lunch. I’d told Kathrin, one of Mitch’s friends, that I was just gonna go get some books for third period in my locker before I would join them for lunch. But of course, with my sense of direction, it didn’t go well. I tried to find Mitch, but that didn’t happen. I tried finding the cafeteria, but that didn’t happen.

I walked faster through the hall trying to find someone I knew, at least a little. As  I turned the corner, I found two things. First of all, I found Mitch leaning against the wall next to the ladies bathroom, checking her watch. Second, I found someone’s chest. I stumbled back from the tall boy as my books fell to the floor. The once loud and cheerful hall was now dead silent, everybody watching me. I looked up at the boy, and my chocked on my breath. He looked like he was a Senior, with nice features. His hair was dark brown and perfectly styled with just one strand of hair out of place hanging down in his left eyes. His eyes bright green, with a daring look to them. He’s sculpted and dark eyebrows were now raised, he had high cheekbones and a defined jawline, and pink full lips who were at the moment pulled up in a smirk.

“I’m so sorry” I quickly said when I noticed I’d been silent all this time, obviously checking him out.

“It’s okay princess” he said, his voice dark and husky, making a chill go down my spine.

My knees went weak when he leaned down and picked up my books from the floor, before handing them over to me.

He straightens out his black t-shirt before giving me another smirk.

“Thank you” I said, lifting my books a little. He nodded,

“As said, it’s okay” He said, sending me a grin before he walked around me with his two friends and walked out of the school doors like it was last period and school was over. I blushed deeply. First day of school, and all eyes were on me.

“Oh. My. God” Of course my best friend was the first to break the silence, “Am I going mental or did Dennis just pick up Kylies books?” She screamed, throwing her hands in the air. I crossed my fingers that Dennis couldn’t hear her right know, cause she was being really loud.