Chapter 6: It smells like Target threw up their whole beauty apartment in here.

Chapter 6: It smells like Target threw up the whole beauty apartment in here. 

I've never though I would actually care about what I looked like during that stupid ball. Every year I just put on whatever my mom got me. In 2009 I went in a green tight sequin dress that was three sizes to small. And since I hadn't hit puberty, I looked like a man in that dress. It was pretty awful. My dad and my two brothers of course had to much respect for women so they didn't even tell me how bad I looked. It wasn't until last year when I found a family picture from that night, I realized that all the guys in the photo looked like they were about to burst out laughing. Let me just tell you, I didn't let Chris and Daniel away that easy. 

Yesterday when I looked through our family photo book, I realized that ever year, I haven't cared what I looked like. I wore what my mom got me, showered and brushed my hair (and since my hair is natrualy wavy, it looked awful) and just went out the door. Even my eyebrows looked like a mans eyebrows. I thank my dad for my thick and masculine eyebrows. 

The rest of the week went by pretty fast, we had a quiz in history, and since Thomas was my partner, we won. We both got extra credit in history for it, something my mom was overly happy about. She even called my dad who's in Seattle to brag about it. I didn't really talk to Dennis those two days, but every time he walked past me he would give me that cute boyish nod and smirk, and I would catch him looking at me during PE. 

It was Friday, first period, and our Math teacher was talking about something I already knew all about, making me zone out. 

I was in my own little bubble, until Thomas nudged me in the ribs with his elbow, making me turn and glare at him. 

"Sorry, but you shouldn't be staring at him" He said. He was the type of guy to look at you with that look while talking about boys with you, because he was not interested in you in that way. But now his eyes were just empty. 

"Who?" I asked, trying to sound not knowingly. He narrowed his eyes at me, before looking over to the boy I had so obviously been staring at. 

"Mason" He said, not looking back at me. 

"I wasn't staring" My lying skills could have been better.

He sent me a cute smile, and a little laugh before turning his gaze too the teacher. 

After class I basically ran over to where Mitch had Health to talk to her. I noticed her dark hair among all the fake blondies in the hall, and quickly made my way over to her. 

"Mitch" I snapped to get her attention, and when she saw me, she grabbed my arm pulling me out of all the people and over to her locker. 

"How was maths?" She asked me in a mockering tone. She knew I hated math. I wasn't bad, not at all, I just hated it so much. 

"It doesn't matter, I need to ask you something" When I say need, I'm not even joking. I needed to know the answer. I'd been wondering about it all week, and it held me awake at night. Yes, I'm that girl. I'm just to curious, and one day it would kill me. 

"Relax, what crawled up your butt this morning?" She laughed, but stopped when she saw the serious look on my face. 

"Oh sorry, ok, lets go to the bathroom" She said, throwing her books into her locker before crabbing her purse. 

"I meant, like we could talk  during lunch"

"No, if you look like that while thinking about this 'question', we will talk now" she said grabbing my arm, and once again pulling me with her. 

"But, what about second period? We have Spanish" And I would very much like to hear Dennis speak Spanish again. I added in my head. 

"Just shut up will ya?" She laughed as she pulled me into the girls bathroom.