Chapter 4: Mitchell Dequero

Chapter four: Mitchell Dequero

I've never been the person to have much attention on me. Not many people even knew I exist. My old class just saw me as Mitch's friends, because Mitch was tall, tan and beautiful, while I was the little blonde girl with glasses that followed her around. Mitch was always the one to get the attention, and really, it didn't bother me, because I didn't like being the center. All my friends new that, so they left it like that. Mitch didn't care about attention, so she didn't do anything about it. And that was fine with me. 

When we were in fifth grade, our teacher was partnering us, and everyone wanted to be with Mitch. Not because she was the most popular, but because she was that cute little smart girl that just everybody enjoyed, while I'd been partnered with Tommy the Toddler, trying to make him not eat the glue we needed to use in the project. Mitch had sent me a look over the classroom, saying "Sorry". I had just smiled at her sitting in the middle of everyone. 

And now, I was there, in the middle of the cafeteria. With the most popular bad boy who never talked to anyone in front of me, talking about take me to the ball, and everyone's eyes were on us, making me hug my body, trying to appear smaller. If I could just melt through the floor. 

It was first then and there I noticed how tall Dennis was. He was at least a head taller than me, and because of his abs, he looked even bigger. And then you had me, I was 5,5, petit body and not really any muscles. I wasn't like super bony, I was just thin. And when I now stood right in front of Dennis O'Brian, I felt like a gnome. 

Then, I remembered that Dennis was waiting for my answer. 

WAIT, HE was taking me to the ball. 

THE ball my mom loved probably more than me.

DENNIS O'BRIAN was MY escort to the ball. 

How do you breathe again?

"You should close your mouth before you start drooling, girly?" He smirked at his comment, making me close my mouth faster than every and shooting him a glare, trying to ignore his comment. 

"Is Girly my new nickname?" I snapped, forgetting that we had the whole room observing out every movement. I glazed over to Mitch to see her looking in my direction, but her mouth was moving, and her fingers were clutching Masons hand, as she was asking him to not move. Confusion filled my mind, but I shook it of and looked back at Dennis, who looked at me with a grin on his face. 

"Yes, do you like it Girly?" 

"No" He frowned at me, but quickly smirked. 

"I don't care, I'll call you it anyways" I glared at him, making his smirk ten times bigger. 

"But back to the thing about the ball" I cough, making him laugh "What did you want to ask about?" I asked, pretending that this wasn't a big deal. Just making sure I didn't shake to much, didn't blush like a tomato, and holding myself up because my knees was so weak. I just pretended to be confident there I stood, with Dennis looking at me a amused grin on his face, looking sexy as hell. 

Fuck you hormones. 

"Yeah, my mom and your mom said that I should take you on dress shopping if you didn't the dress that your brought you or whatever. I don't know" I could feel my knees get weaker by his every word, and if he didn't stop talking to me I would collaps in a ball of awkwardness. 

"So I just wanted to say that if the shopping trip is needed, you can just call me" He said reaching his big arms closer to me, handing me a little note, and I swear I couldn't breathe. 

"Oh yeaa-h sh-- sure" I stuttered, and he grinned even wider. 

"Bye Girly" He said loudly before turning around and walking over to where Thomas and Jared said looking like they were gonna give Dennis a freaking applause. I wanted to just die in that second. The whole room was still watching me intensely, waiting for me to have a fangirl moment or something. I put myself together as much as I could and marched over to my friends.