Chapter 3: Daniel Chapman

Chapter three: Daniel Chapman

I couldn't breathe. 

Both Jaden and Thomas had a lot of muscles, six packs and looked like they could beat you up just by looking at you. 

But Dennis... Oh god. Dennis looked like one of those guys you would see in magazines and literally punch yourself in the face because they're so good looking. His arms were not overly big, but they were defined, same with his legs, he had a very defined v-line and his stomach... holy fucking shit... he had fucking eight pack. 

"Hey princess" Dennis smirked, making my breath get stuck in my throat. 

"Err... I'm so sorry" I muttered, probably looking like a tomato.

"Its okay love" Thomas said, smirking even bigger, making Jaden laugh. 

Jaden's laugh was nice, it was smooth but raspy and it made me want to smile. 

"Yeah, do you want to shower with us before you melt?" Dennis said cockily, making both Jaden and Thomas laugh. 

Then I got back to myself, and my sassy side came out, "I'd rather claw my eyes out with a fork, thanks" 

Both Jaden and Thomas bursted out laughing,

"Oh my god Kylie, you are one of a kind" Thomas laughed.

"Thanks" I smiled at him, "I'll go now, because Dennis's big ego is taking too much space" I smiled, before I turned on my heels, and walked out of there as I heard Thomas and Jaden laugh their asses off, and I wish I could have seen the look on Dennis face.

I was lying in my bed watching Lost on my beloved Macbook Pro, obviously drooling over Ian Somerhalder as the character Boone. 

“KYLIE” My mom’s voice rang from downstairs, and I quickly paused on the episode so I could hear her better.

“Wazzap?” I shouted, knowing she probably wouldn’t answer, so I’d end up going downstairs anyways.

I was right. No answer.

I sigh loudly as I got up, brushing the Ruffles of my sweatpants before walking out from my room and down the stairs.  I finger combed my blonde mess I called hair as I walked into the living room where my mom was sitting in the sofa, watching some food TV show.

“Did you want me for something?” I asked, and she quickly turned around, making me see what she was holding in her hands. My blond froze in realization. It couldn’t be that time of the year already? I’d been pep talking myself to do this the whole summer, but right now, I felt like I was gonna puke.

My gaze didn’t turn away from the pink box she was holding in her lap. The dress box.

“The Yearly Town Ball is right around the corner, and since we haven’t been there in two year, you all need to come with me” She said the exact same thing she’d said every time I told her I didn’t want to go.

The Yearly Town Ball was basically a celebration ball that was held every August 30th. The richest and most important family’s in town was invited. Family’s like the Sheriff’s, The head Doctor’s, the Headmaster’s, and then the Gold Diggers. Since my aunt was married to the Mayor which was the one leading the ball, our family was invited. I’d gone two times to this ball, and it sucked each year. But I guess my mom had to make up for not being there the two last times, so she decided to bring all three of her children. Wait… All three? Oh my God, Daniel…

“But mom what about Daniel?” I asked her, and she looked sad for a split moment, before smiling.

“We’ll be by his side all night Kylie, he’ll be fine! I’ve already talked to him and Chris, and they both said it was fine” She said, but I could see the sadness in her eyes. I knew having a perfect family was important for my mother, but that wasn’t easy with Daniel. I knew that I should be mad at her for her need to be perfect. But who could blame her? My dad owned a big clothing line, and was pretty known for his work, and people pretty much expected our family to be the perfect family. But you can’t allways live up to others expectation. Not with Daniel. I don’t blame him though. How could I blame him?