Ellie Smith: Sentry Chapter Six

After taking a shower and finishing up my room, I began digging through the green folder. I took out my class schedule first.

1st period- The Rock Greats (History). Building 3, Room 221

2nd period- Advanced guitar. Electric and Acoustic. Building 3, Room 224

3rd period- Intermediate Vocals. Building 1, Room 21

4th period- Stage Etiquette Beginners. Building 4, Room 313

LUNCH BREAK (5th period)

6th period-  Calculus

7th period- Advanced Chemistry

8th period-  Honors English 12

Note- Advanced guitar you will need to bring electric on Monday, Wednesday and, Friday. Acoustic on Tuesday and Thursday. Amps will be provided.  All classes will be 50 minutes long including lunch. The school day begins at 8:00 am and ends at 4:00. Dinner will be served in the dining hall at seven. Extracurricular activities will be from 4:30 to 6:00.

            Next I pulled out a list that contained all the extracurricular activities. Most were extra vocal lessons, instrumentals, and drawing classes. But, the one that caught my eye was kick boxing. It was three days a week. I circled it on the paper and then dug up this week's activities.  It was already Tuesday night so I missed Monday and Tuesday's activities.

Wednesday- 12:00- assembly. 9:00- social hour in the theater.

Thursday- 12:00 orientation for new students.

Friday- None

            It was about one in the morning when I finally decided to sleep.

******************

            I woke up to Queen serenading my room. Bohemian Rhapsody was my alarm on my Ipod dock. I forgot to turn it off before I went to bed. I walked over to my desk and turned it off. 7:00 a.m. Ugh. I walked to my closet and grabbed a plain long sleeve t-shirt, and a thigh length poufy, black skirt. I went to my dresser and grabbed a black pair of suspenders some underwear and a bra. I went into the bath and took a shower. I just through my clothes into a corner of the bathroom, which would essentially be my new laundry hamper. After my shower, I towel dried my hair and put my outfit on. I tucked my shirt into the skirt, which had a wide waist band and then attached the suspenders. I put some flaming red lipstick on and some mascara and eyeliner.  I slipped on a pair of flats and grabbed a pair of gold sunglasses with a chain hanging off, my keys, folder, and purse and headed out the door.

            I took out the map and looked for the cafeteria. It was the building next to mine, so I just walked over. I walked in and almost cried in joy. It was huge with tons of different carts and stands filled with breakfast food. I headed to a fruit station first. I got some strawberries, my favorite, and some kiwi. Then I went over to a row of cereal dispensers and got some frutie pebbles. They were Blake and my favorite. I grabbed a small carton of milk and orange juice, then headed to slide my student I.D. card. The meals were part of tuition.

            I looked around the dining hall and noticed that not many people were in here. Well, it makes sense. Not many teenagers would wake up before ten if they had the chance. I sat down at a small round table by a window. It had a small vase in the middle with four white roses sticking out of it. I stuck my Ipod in my ear and began listening to 3oh!3's album Want. I stuck a strawberry in my mouth and sighed in delight.

            "You really like strawberries, don't you?" I looked up to a see a tall, blonde girl in front of me. She had the brightest green eyes I had ever seen.