Race

"Where could he be hiding that bloody quill?" I said to myself frustrated as I searched Henry's room.
I told Pan I was sneaking in to change the book back, which wasn't entirely a lie. I was going to fix what I wrote but only after writing Pan back to life, but now neither were going to happen without the quill.
I picked up the storybook and noticed a page corner was folded. I flipped through and noticed it was the picture of the girl Henry liked.
"What was her name?" I whispered to myself.
I skimmed the neatly written paragraphs and came across it again.
"Violet..." I said thinking.
Henry said it was in a safe place, and who would he trust that isn't already in the Underworld?
I turned to the most recent page:
The quill vanished from the Underworld and transported into Violet's hand. There it was hidden from the dangers that lurked around the Author.
"Son of a bitch, why does everything have to be so much work?" I said rolling my eyes.
I heard the door downstairs open and voices talking to each other. I waved my hand and transported to Pan's temporary apartment.
Just as I arrived, the front door slammed shut and Pan was in the middle of the room breathing heavily.
"Who just left?" I asked.
He turned around, not even the slightest bit startled by my sudden arrival.
"Rumple." He replied.
"Why?"
"Something about Bell being here and some green-skinned witch."
"So he just barged in here?"
"Not exactly, I invited him here."
"Again...why?"
"I think he might be my unfinished business. Actually, I know he is."
"Why would you be concerned about that? I'm finding a way to bring you back remember?"
"___, you won't find a way. I've been searching for two years. It's best I just move on to some other place and that you return home, whether I go to a worse place or a better one, and I think we both know where I'm headed."
"I'm not giving up on this." I said looking straight into his glowing eyes.
"I know, which is why I guess it's just a matter of who finds a way to execute their plan first."
"Then I'm not sleeping or wasting a minute of trying."
He walked over and cupped my face with his hands,
"You need the sleep...I don't."
"Not necessarily. I have magic, remember?"
"Magic that comes with a price."
"And a price I'm willing to pay to bring you back..."