19.

I come to halt after running when my heart feels as if it will beat out of my chest. I have came to the conclusion that I am slowly losing my mind here in Death Valley. I can not stand to be here without my family and Daniel. I can't bare to not know their whereabouts or health status, they were my everything and it's like suddenly I am no longer able to live without them.

"I can't do this anymore." I whisper to myself, knowing I could never survive as queen. Today with the Barbarics proved to me that I am not as strong as I would like to be. Seeing Harry injured made me realize how easily that could have been my family or me. I don't even know where my loved ones are, they all could be dead and that is the scariest part. I may never know, I may never leave here.

"Rosalie, it's not safe to be out here." I hear a familiar voice call out to me. I turn my head over my shoulder, spotting the long, wavy curls headed my way. I turn away from him, not wanting him to see the tears that have slowly started to stream down my cheeks.

"Rose, did you hear me?" He moves closer, grabbing at my shoulder to get my attention. I turn away from his gaze, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"You shouldn't be out here with that cut." I squeak out, wiping the tears from under my eyes. I am not in the mood to speak with Harry, he is not sympathetic enough for my current emotional state.

"I don't care. It's dangerous-" He begins, but I cut him off,

"Yes, I know Harry! I can't go back there right now, okay?" I plead with him, allowing him to see how upset I am. I know he probably doesn't care about why I'm crying and that's fine, he just needs to leave me alone.

"Well I can't leave you here, princess." He picks me up, putting his arms around my back and under my legs. I struggle to break free, not wanting him to rip his stitches out.

"Put me down, Harry, you're going to rip your stitches out." I demand him to sit me down, not wanting him to injure himself and also because I don't want to go back to camp and watch as more families are torn apart.

"Yeah, you're right." He sits me down, immediately grabbing at his chest where the gash is located at. I lift up his shirt and examine the cut, noticing blood seeping through the stitches.

"Harry, you're bleeding. I told you not to carry me," I scold him, putting his shirt back down.

"And I told you not to run." He fires back, raising his eyebrows. I begin to reluctantly following him back towards camp, even though it's the last place I want to be. I can't help but feel slightly happy that Harry came running after me, since I know he had to leave Ellie. I never really had anything against her until today, after she said all those hurtful words, but I guess she thought I had my eye on her him.

"Where is Ellie at?" I ask, wondering where the ungrateful biddy went to. I know she must be missing her man. Lord knows she probably thinks we're sleeping together.

"She went back to her hut... I told her to leave." He tells me, glancing over at me to see my reaction. I raise my eyebrows in surprise, wondering how that went over with her. "Ellie shouldn't have said those things about you, it wasn't right and very childish on her part." I nod my head agreeing with what Harry is saying. I am pleasantly surprised that Harry is sticking up for me. I never thought I would see this day come.

"It was very child like of her, but I think her words might have came from jealously." I admit, knowing that has to be it, what else could have got her knickers in such a twist?

"Jealousy? Jealous of what? Not being able to stitch me up?" Harry seems to be utterly confused and so out of the loop. I guess I ought to fill the poor man in on why women become so easily frazzled when another female is present, alone with her shirtless boyfriend.

"Well, you see, Ellie became jealous because she probably thinks I fancy you, which I obviously don't, but she doesn't know that. I guess she got so overprotective over you because she saw me as a threat to your relationship." I try my best to explain this to Harry to where he will understand what I am saying. He seems to think on my answer, before replying with,

"I'll be honest with you, Rose. Ellie and I have been on and off lately because I haven't felt like I had the time to deal with petty relationship problems." I am shocked that Harry is opening up to me so much, I never expected to have this type of conversation with him.

"Sometimes taking time away from someone will help you realize if you actually need them in your life or not." I tell Harry. After our little chat, the rest of the walk to camp is silent and I'm not complaining about that.

It's severely minutes before we arrive back to camp. The smoke is beginning to clear and the village is starting to be slowly put back together. Today was scary. All I want to do right now is curl up in bed and hug myself until I drift to sleep, but I doubt I will sleep soundlessly tonight after today's horrendous events.

"I'm going to check on Ellie. Go back to my hut and get some rest." Harry orders, his rude demeanor returning. I guess his nice words are short lived. I begin my walk back to Harry's hut, my mind lingering on the thought of Daniel once again. Where could he and my family be? Are they even safe? I can't help, but think the worse, knowing it very well could be true.

I push open the door to the small home, dragging my body across the living space and slowly pulling myself up the latter. I kick my shoes off and listen as they smack the ground with a thud. I pull the covers up over my body and close my eyes, begging sleep to overcome my exhausted self.

- Authors Note -

I know it's been forever since I updated, but hopefully something exciting will happen in the next chapter to make up for it ;)

I ship Rose and Harry... Do you?

Leave your comments below!