Chapter 8: Did we pass the speed limit?

ALEXA

I couldn't stop thinking about him last night. He was so hot. I unconsciously licked my lips.

"Ms. Parker. Ms. Parker!" I was cut off from my thoughts to be looking at Ms.-I-am-on-my-period-every-day.

"Yes, sir? I mean ma'am." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Would you care to solve the equation on the board." She ordered me to.

Like I have a choice.

"What?" She said to me. Anger written on her face.

Nothing, witch.

"Okay, detention now. Ms. Parker."

Damn, did I just say all of that out loud.

"Yes, yes you did Ms. Parker. Unless you want another detention for the next week I suggest you go now." She said to me.

"Yah, yah. Geez, woman. I'm on my way. " I stopped dead in my tracks. All my classmates have their jaws down on the ground.

"Another week in detention Ms. Parker." I just decided to go out silently.

As I went to detention I noticed something weird. The teacher was asleep and had a drawing of a mustache on his face.

"What the hell?" I glanced around.

"Hi pretty thing." I glanced his way.

"Oh you're here." I said dryly.

"Yup, aren't you glad?" He said to me. With a smile. That frickin smile I'd like to wipe of his stupid face.

"Yes, unfortunately with you." I sat down on one of the chairs. With him sitting beside me. I glare at him.

"Why the hell are you here?" I asked him.

"Zachary Johnson." He said to me.

"Well, bye." I said looking anywhere at him.

"Alexaaaaaa.... talk to meeeee...." he said to me.

"You're acting like a child."

"A handsome child." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"I hate you." I said to him.

"Nah, you love me." He said putting his arm around me.

"Nah, pretty sure I don't."

"You'll come around." He said to me. He's ego is as big as Asher's. Erase that. Asher's ego can't be beaten.

" I hope I don't." My attention then snapped to the opening of the door.

I was shocked. It was Asher. With bruises on his face. Scars on his arms. He had a busted lip.

"What happened to you?" I blurted out. Why did I say that.

He glanced my way. His face was emotionless. And his eyes were empty.

"None of your business." He angrily muttered. I was about to get up and further ask him about it yet I was stopped by Alex's hand.

"I know him more than you do. Better to lay off." He seriously said.

"I don't care." I brushed off his hand and went to him anyway.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." He answered me that lie again.

"This is nothing." I pointed at his bruises and scars.

"Why do you care? You have no place in my life." Those words hit me in the core. He was right. I had no place to question him.

I stood up and went out. Not bothering even if I had to get in trouble. I went out of school into the grounds.

I found his motorcycle there. I smiled a bit.

"You want to ride on her." My head snapped behind me. He chased me just like in those cliché books and movies yet we had no romance.

"No. Just looking at it already gives me the chills." Yes it did.

"Come on." He dragged me to his motorcycle.

But me being stubborn as I stood my ground.

"No. And that's final." I firmly said.

"Well if you won't walk. I'll have to carry you. Hope you aren't heavy." He said walking to me.

"Hey, what do you think you are doing. Dont-" I was then lifted up and carried by his shoulders. "I hate you." I muttered to him.

"I think you hate everybody." He said to me.

I thought about it. "Yeah pretty much. Except Mia and my parents though."

He put me on the motorcycle. He handed me a helmet, he got on.

"Hold on." He said to me.

"Wait what-" the motorcycle then move and I hold on to his stomach closing my eyes.

"Open your eyes." He said softly to me.

I slowly opened them. "Wow..." My heart was throbbing so fast because of this adrenaline.

But we had to stop eventually.

"Did we pass the speed limit?" I first asked him.

"Yes, yes we did." He said to me then winked. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. Best to leave it at that.