05

"Want to just grab something from the truck?" I ask, pointing to the food truck that the studio provides.
"Sure." she says. We walk over and look at the menu.
"What can I get for ya?" a large dark man asks, peering down at us from the window.
"I'll just have a salad and a water." I tell him. He nods and writes it down.
"Jenna?" I ask.
"Oh I can pay for my own."
"Jenna what do you want for lunch?" I ask again.
"Ill have a cheeseburger with mayonnaise and a fry and...and a Coke." she says. I look at her with an eyebrow raised.
"What? Sorry I don't watch my weight like you." she says smirking at me.
"That'll be $9.63." he says. I hand him a ten.
"Keep the change." I tell him. He smiles and nods.
"Salad and a water?" she asks. I shrug.
"I had a big breakfast." I tell her.
"What did you have?" she asks.
"Let's see...waffles....bacon...biscuits... pancakes...and orange juice." I tell her.
"Wow. Now I don't feel so fat." she says smiling.
"You should never feel fat Jenna. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about." I tell her. She blushes and looks down.
"John. Your food is ready." the large man says. I walk up and grab the food and set it down on a table.
We eat in a comfortable silence for the most part of our meal.
"How's the burger?" I ask, eyeing it. She looks at me and sighs.
"Do you want the rest of it, John?" she asks.
"Well if you're offering." I say, grabbing what's left of the sandwich.
She grabs my salad and finishes it off. When we are both finished with our lunch, I grab the trash and throw it away. Jenna catches up with me and we walk back inside and wait for a crew member to tell us when our scene is.
When someone finally notifies us that the directors are ready for us, butterflies enter my stomach again. I get up and wipe my hands on my pants.
"So you guys know how this is going to work?" Greg asks.
"Yeah. I remember what you told us." Jenna says, nodding.
"Alright. Places." he says. I walk and stand at the door, waiting for my cue from Jenna.
"Action!"
"About ten minutes ago..." she says, pacing the room, pretending to talk on the phone.
"No I didn't know what to say...Yes I know.. Um, I don't know mom, he's my best friend... Yeah he's great...Yeah I think I am." she says quietly. I enter and she turns and sees me.
"I have to go...I will." she says, hanging up the phone. She turns to me and I walk toward her.
"Listen Jim-"
I cut her off by grabbing her face and kissing her. This kiss is very different from the first. She hesitates at first but soon kisses me back, her fingers tangling themselves in my hair. I decide to chance it and deepen the kiss by running my tongue along her bottom lip. I feel her gasp and she opens her mouth.
Our tongues dual in a short battle before I pull back. I smile and catch my breath.
"I didn't know you were into method acting." she says quietly. I laugh awkwardly and step away.
"Cut! We actually added some lines to this scene. It's for next season when Jim is gone and Pam has a flashback. So here are the new lines." Greg says, handing us a paper with our lines written on them.
"I'll give you five minutes." he says.
I read the paper in my head and try to memorize them quickly. The five minutes passed by quicker than I thought.
"John, Jenna, back on set." someone says. I walk back to the dark office.
"We are just going to start back when Jim and Pam kiss. So John just grab her whenever you're ready." Greg says. I nod and look at Jenna.
"Ready?" I whisper. She smiles and nods. I look at her seriously and she returns the look. I step closer to her and place my hands on her soft cheeks, pulling her closer to me. Her lips meet mine and we kiss passionately. Our lips move in an unheard rhythm.
Her hands find my hair again and I place my hands on her back, pulling her body as close to mine as it can get. She pulls away and I smile, my hands sliding down her arms and stopping to hold her hands.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." I tell her.
"Me too..." she says smiling.
"I think we're just drunk." she says softly. My smile vanishes and I look at her confused.
"No I'm not drunk. Are you drunk?" I ask.
"No.." she says. I smile and lean in for another kiss.
"Jim-" she says, stopping me. I open my eyes and pull away only a little bit.
"Are you still going to marry him?" I whisper.She nods and I look down.
"Okay." I slowly let go of her hands and back away.
"Cut! Perfect. Thank you. That's all for tonight." Greg says.
I glance at Jenna and see that her red face is confused. She looks up at me and then rushed off to the locker room to change. I put my hands in my pockets and slowly walk to change.
When I walk out of the studio, it is dark out. I walk to my trailer, still thinking about the kiss with Jenna.
"John."
I look up and see Jenna walking toward me quickly. I send her a smile but it soon fades when I realize she has a scared look on her face.
"You okay, Jenna?" I ask. She looks up at me but quickly looks away again.
"What is it?" I ask.
"I...last night didn't go well. And I don't have anywhere to stay." she says on the brink of tears.
"Well you can stay with me." I offer.
"What about Emily? She doesn't exactly think of me as a friend." she says, looking up at me.
"Emily is in New York filming a movie."
She smiles and wraps her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.
"Thank you John." she whispers.
"Let's go." I say, holding my arm out for her. She takes it and we walk to my car together and drive to my house.