08

Jenna's POV
I quickly look away from John's confused and shocked expression. I feel blood heat up my cheeks as I chastise myself for blurting out such a thing. I stand up and begin to walk away.
"Jenna wait!" he shouts.
I stop walking and turn toward him, still embarrassed.
"The things I never told you, how they tear at me now." he says smiling.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Jenna, from the very first day I saw you, I knew my life would never be the same. Everyone says that love at first sight isn't real but I've experienced it. You know, maybe home is nothing but two arms holding you tight when you're at your worst. You are my home Jenna. And it sounds crazy but, I still get butterflies even though I've seen you like a thousand times. I guess all I'm trying to say is that I didn't even try to love you. It just happened." he says, taking my hands in his. Tears form in my eyes at his statement.
"I know it's not great timing. But I want you to understand that my love for you may not be perfect but it sure as hell is true."
I stare at him in shock, still not believing that this entire time, John has felt the same way toward me.
"And Jenna, for the rest of my life, I will be searching for moments full of you." he says softly.
I grab his cheeks and pull him toward me, crashing my lips against his. He wraps his arms around my back and picks me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.
We break apart but quickly kiss again. My fingers tangle themselves in his hair and I feel him smile against my lips. He sets me down and breaks the kiss.
"You have no idea how long I've imagined doing that with you." he says.
"Me too." I say, kissing him quickly.
I think about how this one moment here with John has changed everything. I sit on the blanket and think about how people will react. It will look suspicious if we get together right after John divorces his wife.
"You okay Jenna? You're not regretting kissing me already, are you?" he asks, half joking, half serious.
"No! Of course not! It's just...I think we need to keep us a secret...whatever we are." I tell him.
"Oh. Okay. Well let's get one thing sorted out first. I would like to be your boyfriend if you'll have me." he says. I smile widely at him and quickly nod and kiss him.
"Secondly, who are we keeping us from?" he asks.
"Everyone necessary. I don't want our relationship being found out by the paparazzi. It would look suspicious considering you just divorced your wife. They would be quick to jump to one obvious conclusion." I tell him. He nods and takes my hand in his casually.
I tense up and look around for any sign of anyone else being here. When I am sure that it is just us, I relax and lean against his shoulder.
I feel his head turn and kiss the top of my head. I look up and smile at him, admiring the way he is already looking at me lovingly.
"I've missed you little Fischer." he murmurs.
"I missed you too Krasinski." I tell him.
He checks his phone and his face drops.
"I should really get going. I'll see you at work on Friday though, right?" he asks. I smile and nod.
"Yeah. See ya." I say. He stands up and begins to talk away but turns around and comes back to kiss me one more time.
"I love you."
He kisses my cheek and walks away and that's when I knew that you can become homesick for people too.