01

John's POV
I walk into the set of The Office and drop my things off in my trailer before walking back outside. Across the lot, I see Jenna walking toward the studio. Her caramel colored hair is resting gently on her shoulders in waves as the wind blows small strands in her face. Her dark blue jeans cling tightly to her legs and her large sweatshirt hands loosely on her torso, sliding off one shoulder.
I run toward her to catch up with her and smile widely. Her bright green eyes flicker over to me and her mouth stretches into a beautiful smile.
"Hey kid!" she says, slowing down her pace to meet me.
"Hey Jen." I say, walking beside her. I've only worked with Jenna for a season of the show but we've gotten to know each other very quickly. Bryan Cranton, the director, is constantly telling everyone about how much chemistry Jenna and I have.
Not that I am complaining or disagreeing. We do have a lot of chemistry. My wife, Emily, is a bit jealous at times. If only she knew what the end of this season will be like. Actually...I hope she doesn't find out.
"How was your morning?" Jenna asks.
"Good." I say, still thinking about how my wife would react if she ever sees the finally of season two.
"You alright?" she asks. I glance up at her and nod.
"Oh yeah. Fine." I tell her. She smiles and nods, heading to the dressing room.
"Alright. See you later." I say quietly, knowing she won't even hear me. I change into the suit that Jim wears in this episode. I walk onto the set and stand with my hands in my pockets, waiting for further instruction.
Jenna walks up to me, wearing her classic Pam pencil skirt and cardigan. She smiles at me and blushes. I wave at her and she walks quickly to me.
"Hey Beesly." I say jokingly. She bites her lip and looks at me shyly.
"What?" I ask.
"Well...did you hear what B.J. added to the script?" she asks. I look around and then back at her, crossing my arms.
"Uh...no. What is it? Massive car chase? Maybe Jim gets promoted?" I ask jokingly. She remains serious and I look at her curiously.
"What is it?" I say quieter.
"Well, at the Dundies, Pam gets really drunk...and..." she trails off and chuckles uncomfortably.
"What?" I ask again.
"We kiss." she says. "Jim and Pam I mean..."
"Oh." I say surprised. If I had known about the kiss, I probably would have told Emily. If she finds out after the fact, then she will get angry with me and she will probably kick me out for a couple of days. And the bed in my trailer isn't very comfortable.
"Are you alri-" Jenna gets interrupted by Greg Daniels, the other director.
"Alright. Let's get set for the first scene. Places please!" he shouts. Everyone begins to move around and Jenna looks at me with panic. I shrug and lean toward her.
"We can talk later." I whisper. She nods and goes to sit at her desk. Steve had already shot his Michael scene earlier this morning.
I lean against the reception desk, ready for the scene. I wink at Jenna and she blushes.
"Action!" Greg yells.
"So, you ready for...the Dundies?" I ask. She sighs.
"Ugh..." she says quietly.
"Cut. Set up for Pam's confession." Greg yells. Jenna stands up and smirks at me, walking into the office. I watch as she says her lines to the camera. The day seems to pass slower than usual, both Jenna and I occasionally glancing at each other nervously.
Why am I nervous about kissing Jenna? Well we are friends. Good friends. And I'm afraid that if I kiss her, I might like it. Lately, I've been feeling differently toward her. And I'm not sure how to explain it because I've never felt these feelings before. Not even with Emily, which is what scares me the most.
I should be feeling these things for my wife, not my co star. Jenna has a boyfriend. They've been going out for about two years now and she seems really happy. Though I think she deserves better.
"Action."
"Welcome to the eighth annual Dundies awards!" Rainn says in his Dwight voice. I continue to talk to Mindy and B.J about random stuff, essentially ignoring Dwight. I glance at Jenna who is busy talking to David.
"Before we get started," Rainn continues. "a few announcements. Keep your acceptance speeches short, I have wrap it up music, and I'm not afraid to use it. Devon."
He points to an extra who is playing Devon today. Steve comes in wearing a large jacket with his hood up and raps.
I cover my smile with my hand, trying to keep my laughter under control. Sometimes, when I try to quiet my laughter, I make this weird, high pitched squeak which is really embarrassing.
"You down with the Dundies? You down with the Dundie-"
The music stops and Steve looks back at Rainn who is holding up a cord.
"The waitress tripped on the cord." he says, accidentally smacking himself in the face with it. I make the high squeak noise and then start laughing with Rainn who is already laughing.
"Sorry. I just hit myself in the eye." Rainn says.
I look over at Jenna who is giggling. I shake my head and look down at my drink.
"Let's try that again. From Michael's line." Greg says.
"You down with the Dundies? You down with the Dundie-" Steve looks back at Rainn again.
"The waitress tripped over the cord."
Steve says his lines and takes off his hoodie, revealing his tuxedo. I continue to make small talk with Mindy and B.J. as Steve says his lines.
"Alright, so let's get staaaarrrrted." Steve says obnoxiously. I turn and look at him.
"Hey let's go to Poor Richard's." Craig Robinson, who plays Darryl, says to David.
"Yeah. Let's get out of here." David says. Jenna looks at them uncomfortably.
"Um.." she says, unsure. David and Craig get up and start putting on their jackets.
"Um, guys where are you going? Pam, the show's just getting started." Steve says.
"Sorry." Jenna says. I watch her with sad eyes as she stands up and leaves.
"You still staying?" B.J. asks me. I stir my drink with the small straw.
"Yeah, gotta eat somewhere." I say sadly. The butterflies in my stomach start up again as I realize how close we are to the kissing scene.
I tune out the rest of the lines.
"Cut!" Greg yells. I jump and look up.
"Guys, take a break while we shoot the Pam and Roy scene." he says. I stand up and grab some water, watching Jenna and David act.
Jenna is a very good actress, the most passionate actress I know.
When David grabs her arm, I feel anger build up in my chest and it takes everything in me to stop myself from grabbing Jenna and pulling her away. They're acting. I tell myself. Just acting.

Comments and votes make my day! Hope you like it so far.
XOXO