04

John's POV
I walk into the studio and see Jenna walking out of the girl's locker room. I speed walk over to her and smile.
"Hey, you didn't text me back last night. How did it go?" I ask. Her eyes refuse to meet mine as they flicker every other place.
"Yeah. Um. It's not really any of your business. So.." she says quietly.
"Oh come on Fischer it can't be that ba-"
"It's none of your business John. Stop!" she says loudly, walking away. I look around and see almost everyone staring at us.
I walk into the locker room and change quickly before walking back out. I see Jenna at the reception desk, staring down. I walk over and lean against the desk. She is wearing more makeup than usual today. Probably because it's the finale.
"Hey, Jenna." I say quietly. "I didn't mean to upset you earlier. I understand if you don't want to talk about it-"
"I don't." she snaps. I nod and look at my hands. I glance up at her arms when a dark spot catches my eye. I stare intently at what looks like a bruise on her arm just under when the sleeve of her cardigan ends. She seems to notice my staring because she quickly pulls her sleeve down and puts her hands under her desk.
"Hey, Jen, can we talk later?" I ask.
"No thank you, John." she says quietly, still not meeting my eyes.
"Jenna, I'm not going to force you to tell me what's going on. But know that I am here for you. Whatever you need." I tell her. Her green eyes finally meet mine and I am filled with shock by how much pain they contain.
"Please John. Let it go." she whispers. I nod and give her my best goofy smile.
"Ready for the last part of the finale?" I ask. She smiles, the pain partially leaving her eyes, being replaced with the usual sparkle of joy.
"Heck yeah. Think you can handle another kiss Krasinski?" she asks.
"Oh I can handle it."
"I don't know if you can." she says, smirking.
"Places please." Greg says.
"Jenna and John, you're in the conference room watching videos of potential bands for Pam's wedding." Greg says.
"Oh yeah. I forgot where we left off yesterday." Jenna says. She gets up and we walk to the conference room and sit in chairs that are facing a tv. The lights are turned down low.
"Action!"
The tv turns on and I smile at the video.
"Wow. Oh!" I say, watching the video.
"Oh, my..." Jenna says, giggling.
"Yeah, you haven't seen that since 1983. That is amazing. Okay, we have to sign him. I'm gonna call the label, we're gonna-" I say, standing up and walking to the door.
"No! No." Jenna says, grabbing my arm to stop me from opening the door.
"No, Pam, we're gonna lose him to another wedding."
"No! Come back! No! No!" she says, pushing the door closed.
"Kev!" I yell, before she forces the door closed. She giggles and pulls me away from the door.
"Cut! That was great guys! Okay! Get ready for the casino everyone!" Greg says.
Jenna jokingly pushes me and we laugh as we walk to separate locker rooms to change. I walk in and see Rainn standing on a bench with nothing but underwear on. He has two fingers pressed against his ear. I look around and realize everyone else also has two fingers pressed against their ears and are staring at me.
"Mr. President! Get down!" Rainn yells.
"What?" I ask. Everyone runs at me and tackles me to the ground.
"What the hell?" I yell, as everyone stands up, laughing.
"Mr. President." Rainn says smiling.
"I-I don't even know what that is. Why weren't you wearing clothes?" I ask, still confused.
"I don't know." he says, putting on pants. I change into my clothes, still confused on what went down.
I walk out as fast as I can and see Jenna standing by a camera man, drinking some water.
"Places!"
I sit at a table and steal glances at Jenna who is wearing a blue dress. She catches my gaze and smiles softly, causing me to blush.
"Action!"
I stay sitting at the table as everyone says their lines. I was never really good at poker...or black jack. I actually don't even know what game I'm playing right now.
Time seems to fly by, just like when we filmed the first episode that Pam and Jim kissed. Before I know it, I am standing by a truck, with David and Jenna, waiting for Greg to yell action.
Now, Pam and Jim don't kiss until later but this is still a big scene for them. I shift my weight from one foot to the other.
"Action!"
"Sorry, babe. I'm just beat." David says. Jenna smiles softly.
"It's okay. I'll see you at home." she says sweetly.
"Okay. Hey don't try to lose too much money, alright?" he asks.
"Okay."
"If you still want a honeymoon. Hey, Halpert. Keep an eye on her, alright?" David asks. I nod, my hands in my pockets.
"Okay. Will do."
"See you." he says, driving off.
"Bye!" Jenna says, before turning to me.
"Hey." she says, smiling.
"Hey, how's it going?"
"Good, especially after I took all your money in poker." she says, smiling.
"Yeah. Hey, can I talk to you about something?" I ask.
"About when you want to give me all of your money?" she asks. I smile slightly but look down.
"No, I..."
"Did you want to do that now? We can go inside. I'm feeling kind of good tonight." she says.
"I was just..." I look up at her seriously and her smile fades.
"I'm in love with you." I tell her. It's weird, because I completely understand how Jim feels.
"What?" she asks.
"I'm really sorry if that's weird for you..to hear, but I needed you to hear it. Probably not good timing, I know that. I just.."
"What are you doing?" she asks, the pain back in her eyes. "What do you expect me to say to that?"
"I just needed you to know. Once." I tell her. I feel relief inside me. Relief because I finally got to tell Jenna the truth even if it was through Jim.
"Well, I um...I...I can't." she says.
"Yeah." I say.
"You have no idea..."
"Don't do that." I interrupt her.
"...what your friendship means to me." she finishes.
"Come on. I don't wanna do that. I wanna be more than that." I tell her.
"I can't. I'm really sorry if you misinterpreted things. It's probably my fault." she says.
"Not your fault. I'm sorry I misinterpreted our friendship." I tell her. There is a pain in my chest when I realize that this is how things would go if I actually told Jenna the truth.
"Cut." Greg says quietly. I look up at Jenna and she smiles softly.
"That was a tough scene, Krasinski." she says.
"Yeah." I say quietly.
"Considering you completely crushed my entire being with your lack of compassion." I say jokingly.
"Hey, you were the one who told me about your feelings when you knew there was nothing I could do." she says laughing. I shake my head and we walk outside of the studio.