This is kind of awkward...

The assistant firmly shut the door behind her, leaving Kageyama and Hinata alone for the first time in years.

It was awkward, to say the least.

"S-sit down Shou-- I mean, Hinata" Kageyama gestured to the seat opposite his own. He could feel like whole face burning up, turning bright pink. He looked up, just to let Hinata know he wasn't nervous or anything--

Their eyes met for a split second before they both blushed furiously and look away in embarrassment.

You're an idiot Tobio. As if looking at Shouyou's face if going to help you calm down. He's the very reason you're so flustered!

Hinata cleared his throat gently, forcing Kageyama back into reality.

"So um, Kageyama, how have you been? I-" Hinata paused for a second, allowing himself to breathe. He must not fuck up on this. "I was really surprised when I heard you were working here. It doesn't really seem... Like you."

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WHY AM I QUESTIONING HIS JOB I CAN'T EVEN SAY ONE DECENT GOD DAMN SENTENCE?!! COME ON SHOUYOU! SNAP OUT OF IT!

The sheer amount of paperwork and files in the tiny office wasn't helping - if anything, it was making Hinata feel more claustrophobic and nervous by the minute.

Kageyama was slightly shocked by Hinata's question - he could tell just by being in the building for several minutes? - but forced himself to answer regardless.

"I'm... Doing well. This uh, this company, treats it's workers really well so uh yeah... What about you?" You couldn't have messed up this conversation more if you tried! Now Shouyou's going to think you're some kind of workaholic!

"Well, I'm ... I'm a volleyball couch now."

Kageyama looked deeply into Hinata's puppy eyes. They had the same flicker in them, the same sort of immeasurable excitement and energy inside them. Not like his eyes. His dead and lifeless eyes. And now he knew why.

"Really? That's... Well that's amazing Hinata! I'm really happy for you!" Kageyama forced out a wide grin onto his face. It was true, he was happy for Shouyou, but just slightly more so, he felt a burning jealousy. If he could only have spent his life playing the sport he loved, and not stuck here in a fucking stupid office - if only!

"Um, yeah." A small blush crept across Shouyou's little face. "But that's not the reason I came here today."

"Oh?" If he hadn't come here to talk about adult life and compare jobs, then why was he here?

Could it be he... He feels the same way I do? Could it be? Dare I hope?

"It's about the reunion."

"The reunion..?" Kageyama was puzzled. What does he mean by 'reunion'? The reunion between them two? Obviously not! Otherwise he'd have phrased it a different way - he had to stop thinking about Shouyou like that! Six years had passed since then - six whole years! There's no way he still harbours feelings after all that time! But then again, is there a reason he wouldn't; after all, he still loved the flame haired boy, after all this time.

"Yes. The team reunion." A smile had spread onto Hinata's face and he was now struggling to stop himself from grinning like a maniac. He forced himself to carry on. "Sugawara senpai is organising it. He's planning on getting the whole team together to eat Christmas Lunch together!"