Son Na-eun's background

Son Na-eun who is 17, was born in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. She is average looking, lean and is pretty tall for a girl. Being a very studious person, she spends most of her time studying. Na-eun's mother (Jang Hee Soo) has been suffering from an illness since 2 years ago and Na-eun has been working part time and schooling at the same time in order to feed herself as well as her mother. She is an only child and her father passed away before she was even born due to a car accident.

Her mother raised her all by herself. Ever since Hee Soo fell ill, she was no longer fit to work as the doctors were afraid she would overwork herself and make things worse. As you can see, Na-eun is very self-reliant and independant and she definitely has no time for things like love, although she really wishes to fall in love with "Mr Right" one day and spend rest of her life living happily ever after... well, not that happily ever after was within her reach at that point of time.

Despite being marred by poverty, she faced her days with bright smiles that could outshine even the sun. To cut to the chase, she was an optimistic girl. Hee Soo often blames herself for her frail body, always falling sick so easily. She blames herself for letting her daughter work and provide for her at such a young age. She often claims that Na-eun is losing out on her high school life but Na-eun would always give her a reassuring smile that says "Gwaenchanh-a. You are my mother and I will always take care of you". Having to wake up at 6am in the morning to prepare for school and working till as late as 11pm at night, Na-eun still manages to fork out some time from her weekend's sleep in order to attend vocal classes. However, she didn't really mind as singing was one of the million things she enjoyed and excelled in. Gradually, she made friends with Bomi, Ha Young, Chorong, Nam Joo and Eun Ji through her vocal classes. Na-eun is exceptionally close to Eun Ji and Ha Young. They would go to each others houses to study and sing together from time to time. They were more than friends (more like sisters from different mothers)and therefore were inseperable. But she had one thing that was always at the back of her mind; Na-eun had always wanted to pursue that burning passion in her, but she never told her mother because how could she? When her mother's condition was in dire states?

She paid for every one of her vocal lessons without her mother knowing that she actually had those lessons as she didn't want her mother to worry about the expenses. Not that her mother actually had to worry because since she was about 9 years old, her mom started taking up multiple jobs and would work till the brink of dawn. Na-eun had to settle her own dinner, do the house chores, and study all by herself. She was afraid to be alone at home at the beginning but got used to it since it was a routine for her mother to come home at 3am. Her hard work was always paid off too. She had never gotten below an A in her studies, in other words- straight As student. Her folks live far away from her in the US, and she didn't have any family left in Seoul, therefore having to live most of her life alone. Almost having no experience with relationships (too busy for it), Na-eun is considered as a pretttyyyy dense person; she couldn't relate to pick up lines guys often said to her, resulting in them thinking she was some kind of freak. (because their pickups didn't work on her like it worked on the other normal girls)

However, there is one thing that she detests the most; seeing guys that bully girls. Whether verbally or physically, she would step in and defend the girl, from the bullies although she wasn't as strong. She thought that guys with more power (in this case strength or authority) should stand up for what is right and not misuse their power to do anything sly or sick. There is one type that she hates the most. The pretty boys who go around rejecting and dissing girl's like it's their hobby. Seeing arrogant guys who charm all the girls with their painstakingly beautiful smiles and then throwing them away like they're nothing, irks her. She was bullied by a big burly boy back in her elementary school days. She couldn't forget. The guy was two times her size, no, maybe three but he still bullied her. He pulled her hair, tripped her, slap her on the back that she often had bruises all over her back and grazed legs when she got home. Until one fine day, Na-eun was sick and tired of being bullied by that jerk, that she slapped and screamed uncontrollably at him out of the blue "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR NONSENSE!! I'VE BEEN TOLERATING YOU SINCE DAY ONE AND I DIDN'T WANT TO SAY A THING BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU HAD YOUR OWN PROBLEMS AND JUST WANTED SOMEONE TO VENT IT ON. BUT I REALISED YOU'RE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ME. WAKE UP, TAKASHI, THE WORLD'S NOT GONNA BE SO NICE WHEN YOU GROW UP. AND YOU HAD BETTER STOP BULLYING ME AND OTHER INNOCENT GIRLS BEFORE I REPORT THIS TO THE DISCIPLINE MASTER." Takashi was flabbergasted and from that day on, he never went less than five meters near her.

This girl sure ain't easy to bully.

---------------------------------------

Yay! Second chapter done, we'll be moving on to the main plot (FINALLY I KNOW RIGHT) alright, enjoy!