Chapter 9

'Callie, I thought I was the only one' A voice says in my head.

'Who is there?' I ask.

'It's Daniel. I forgot to tell you Mates can mind link each other.' He says.

'Oh.' I say and shift to my fox. Daniel shifts to human and slips on a pair of shorts before picking me up. I see a black van pull up. I shift to human and hide behind Daniel.

"They've found me......" I say quietly. Daniel growls and shields me. An old/youngish couple comes out followed by a teenage boy. The couple walks up to Daniel and asks.

"Have you seen our daughter, Callie?" The woman says. By her scent I instantly recognize her. I walk out from behind Daniel and look at the woman.

"Mom?" I ask.

"Callie, is that you?" She asks me while crying.

"Yes," I reply crying too. She hugs me and the other two hug me too. I take a step back and look at the boy.

"Damien?" I ask. The boy looks shocked before hugging me.

"So, you remember me. I missed you sis." Damien says.

"Let's go inside and you can can explain." Daniel says. We follow him in and sit down in the living room.

"I'm Dustin, and this is my mate Adelynn. We have been searching for our daughter since the day she disappeared. Our boy, Damien, has been devastated because our daughter is his twin." The father says.

"Callie, can you tell us what happened?" Damien asks.

"Sure. I was being dragged to a black van while screaming. As I was screaming the man holding me got thrown back, so, I took that chance to run. I was caught and when I tried to scream I got slapped. They put this rag over my mouth and I passed out. When I woke up I was in a small stone room. The people that took me injected a syringe into me and I got Lilly, my fox. Years passed and before Hailey found me in the woods, they injected another syringe into me. I got an angelic voice and wings." I say.

Daniel gets up and punches the wall.

Who liked the explanation? And who thought the black van would be the people who took her? Did anyone guess that Callie was going to meet her parents and her twin brother?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story with friends!

Love you guys!

-Sally

*Edited*