Chapter 5 - Still not trusted? (pov Nick)

It truly was an amazing evening for both of us. For the first time I had found the guts to tell her how much I really liked her and her reaction made me even happier than I ever believed it to be possible.

I had known that she liked me really much before, but now there weren't any doubts that we were more than just good friends. She loved me as much as I loved her and that showed multiple times throughout the evening.

We danced the whole evening until Gazelle finished her last song and left the stage after a colorful and breathtaking firework which finally ended the concert, after the second encore.

As everyone was leaving the stadium, two of Gazelles background dancers came towards us and told us to follow them, they said that Gazelle wanted to speak to us. We nodded in agreement and followed the two muscular tigers, leaving a jealous Clawhauser and chief Bogo behind us, who trotted out of the stadium following the crowd.

"Thanks guys, that will do for today!" Gazelle told to her background dancers before she greeted us with a firm handshake.

"I'm so glad you two accepted my invitation! I'm such a fan and I wanted to thank you two personally for saving the city and giving me back the Zootopia I love so much!"

"That was no big...I mean, it's self-evident, that we..." Judy stuttered, still a little excited to meet one of the biggest pop stars in town.

Since I was more relaxed than her in situations like this, I decided to help and loosen the tension a little.

"What little carrots here is trying to say is, that she did a great job as an officer and that she is very proud of herself..." Judy looked at me in awe and disbelieve as I said that but that didn't stop me. "...I would too if I hadn't been so much of a douche back then-", Judy hit my shoulders slightly and Gazelle couldn't hide a little giggle either.

"He still is a douche sometimes..." Judy said after a short but not uncomfortable silence, now with much more self-confidence. "...but I couldn't have done it without him and he is actually a real softie on the inside..."

Meanwhile outside the Stadium:

"There are how many foxes missing!?" chief Bogo yelled into his radio, which he had turned off while the concert. It had started going off like crazy as he had turned it on again and now he was talking to the night shift of the police reception. "...yeah...yeah...I got you Trunkaby...ok, twelve missing foxes in Zootopia and one from Bunny-where? Bunnyburrow? ...all of them got lost in one evening? This is not a coincidence! I'll tell Hopps and Wilde, we need them for this!"

"Maybe think about telling Nick, he is a fox as well. This could be very dangerous for him and he maybe knows some of the victims..." the nightshift of Clawhauser's position in the ZPD answered.

"Good call Donald! Bogo Out!" Bogo said, before tugged his radio back onto his belt and headed for the entrance of the stadium again.

"Chief, is there a problem?" Clawhauser asked, following the bull for a while.

"There is another criminal act going on but this time it's only about foxes. Clawhauser, are you ok with an extra Nightshift?

"Yeah, sure! Ill head to the ZPD and help Don with the analysis!"

"That's what I wanted to hear, thanks Clawhauser! See you later in the office!"

Back in Backstage:

"So Nicholas wasn't really a cop at the time you found out that Belweather was the mastermind behind all this?" Gazelle asked with great interest in Judy's and my Story. She had leaded us to a nice and comfortable couch further back behind the stage, where we were sitting and enjoying some cool drinks right now.