Chapter 1 - A new and better life (pov Nick Wilde)

It's been two weeks now since Judy and I officially became police partners. I never thought, that being the good one could be this much fun, but oh boy, it was.

Chief Bogo was totally impressed by our work, and since he knew, how much of a great combo Judy and I am as detectives and officers, he gave us the hardest cases the department had to offer.

It was a great feeling, finally getting treated like a nice person. Like someone, who could be thrusted, who is completely honest, and finally, like someone who you should not get feared of, just because he's a predator.

Now, the dignity of every fox, wolf, lion and many other, former "dangerous" animal in Zootopia was restored, they were happier than ever, and the percentage of crimes, ascribed to them, was sinking drastically as well.

Today, a beautiful, warm and sunny Friday, Judy and I had no case to solve for the first time and since there was nothing else to do, the Chief ordered us to go on patrol and enjoy the nice weather.

So after chatting with Benjamin Clawhauser for a while, we made our way to one of the city's green spots, the central park.

I, off course, was wearing my black sunglasses, the blue police uniform and the insignia of importance, my police badge. Being allowed to wear one of these, was something I couldn't have ever imagined, mainly because of not even being able to join the local scouts, when I was a child.

Since Judy is a police officer as well, she was wearing the same outfit as me, but the police rank, her badge was showing, was a bit higher than mine.

So we both were looking pretty cool, walking through the park, playing soccer with the kids for some minutes and allowing them to make selfies with us.

But then, Judy's radio went off and we had to leave our fans, because the Chief was ordering us back to the office immediately.

"Good to see you. I have to talk with you!", he greeted us, with a serious expression on his face.

Then he handed a pre opened letter over to Judy, noticeable struggling to hide a grin.

Judy opened the letter and pulled two identical, fancy looking pieces of paper with the words "backstage pass" written on them, out of it.

"Gazelle left them here for you. She invited the whole police force to the concert tomorrow, but only the two of you were lucky enough to get a backstage pass!", he explained, sounding noticeably jealous about this.

Judy on the other hand was jumping around in joy and disbelieve.

"Nick! How awesome is this?", she asked rhetorically, while I was trying to play it off, like it was not a big deal, failing miserably at it.

"But..!", the Chief interrupted Judy's dance of joy. "...I want you two..." - he looked serious for a moment again - "...to enjoy your weekend and have a great time at the concert! See you on Monday!", he finished his announcement with a bemused face again.

"But Chief Bogo, it's just half past four, and...", Judy tried to interrupt, but the chief was not to be stopped.

"No! Both of you, leave my office right now! You're working harder than anybody else here, so go and enjoy some spare time. That is an order!", he ordered, getting a bit louder than before, but not in an angry way.

"Okay, we will, thanks Chief!", I said laughing, before lifting Judy onto my shoulders and carrying her to the door.

"Maybe we'll meet at the concert... see you, boss!", I stated, before closing the door behind us.