Chapter 9 - Such a stupid fox (pov Nick)

To be honest, I really was eager to talk to him, but I wanted some witnesses around, without him knowing. So I asked Judy to join me and listen from outside the interrogator's room. She agreed instantly of course, and headed into the deeper areas of the ZPD with me.

Before I opened the door, I turned around and told some important information to Judy.

"He is clever. He may predict that you are listening as well. So he may try to change the topic to my past, which isn't that clean as well, as you sure know. So whatever he's saying about me, I promise to clear everything up afterwards, as true as I'm standing here!"

"Oh Nick, you know I trust you! After all we've been through, I doubt that there is anything left which can shock me right now!"

"I'm just warning you. Nothing is impossible.", I told her while reaching for the heavy door handle.

She nodded, hid behind the wall and I opened the door carefully.

"There he is!", I was greeted by a very frustrated Fennec, who was resting his head on the table before him lazily. "Nicholas Wilde, the savior of Zootopia."

Since it was this late, and for some odd reason I wasn't in the mood to provoke him anymore, I decided to show Judy my mature and friendly side and be nice to him.

"Fin, talk to me, what is the problem?"

"You're still alive."

"Well, that's a matter of opinion. Are you jealous?"

"Jealous about what? You Stabbing a friend in the..."

"Yeah, yeah, you cried about this before. So what is it. You're jealous about?"

"Have you already told her?", he suddenly switched the topic, and did exactly what I predicted he would do. Telling stories that never happened to potential hidden listeners.

"Told her about what?"

"You know what I'm talking about. That bunny you raped, when you were drunk at that Sylvester night? Remember?"

"No, I didn't. But I told her to ignore your made up lie stories. I know you too well, this is not going to work."

Now there was an uncomfortable moment of silence, so I decided to give him another chance.

"Fin, old friend, talk to me. Why are you hating me so much?"

"Because...", he stopped in his tracks for a second. "...because you got everything I ever wanted. Respect, loyalty, friends..."

I was pretty stunned by his sudden confession. There was an uncomfortable moment of silence, which even I wasn't able to fill with words, so I simply stared at him for quite a while. Soon later he wasn't able to hide it anymore and his eyes began watering a little. Or was he?

"Are you happy now!?", he yelled at me, frantically trying to prevent himself from crying loudly. "You we're just like me. Hated and not trusted by nearly everyone, only loyal to each other and you had the same addiction to do forbidden things like swindle and steal. You were like a brother to me! And now you left all of that behind you and..."

"...and?" I asked, trying to hide my doubts about his sudden confession.

"...and you seem to be much happier than before!" he completed with some overacted looking snivels.

"And you thought it would be a good idea to blackmail me? Did you really wanted me to get killed or did you just wanted to get my attention?"

"Why do you think their tranquilizers where all missing, just an hour before you went in there?", he asked in tears which really let my jaw drop.