Chapter 11 - Eileen POV

“night libby”

I called out as i finished locking up Biba, closing the roller doors and walking off. She waved at me as we parted separate ways. I couldn’t get him out of my head, that man with the protruding teeth and that long dark brown close to black hair, and those eyes, just staring at me, they just didn’t leave, it was as if they were constantly staring at me, all through last night he was all i could think of when i was with Brian.

Oh god Eileen your falling for another man, how could i possibly act like this, i was meant to be Brian’s girlfriend, and here i am fancying over a man i haven’t even talked to and had him gawking over me like there was some kind of connection between the two of us, and i strongly believe there is.

“WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS SHE”

I heard someone yell out at the top of their voice down the street. Probably a boy that had lost his dog and not knowing what else to do but yell out its name as thats the only thing running through his mind. I thought if anything, i could at least try and help, minimise the noise and what not, though it wouldn’t bother me, i don’t live in the area.

“i don’t know, there isn’t much else we can do, we’ve been searching all day john... i think its time we gave up.”

“GIVE UP.... GIVE UP.... HOW THE FUCKING HELL DO YOU THINK ID EVEN BE ABLE TO GIVE UP LOOKING FOR HER... SHE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE... WOULD YOU JUST GIVE UP IF YOU WERE ME!!! WOULD YOU... WOULD YOU??”

The man yelled at another that sounded familiar. As i got closer i saw two men standing under a street light, one had his head against the pole and smashing it with extreme force, as if trying to knock himself unconscious. And another, with dark curly hair was trying to give comfort but obviously felt awkward in this situation.

“i don’t know... i guess not”

The voice answered, it was brian. He sounded sullen and just basically depressed over the whole matter. I didn’t know if to intrude or not on the matter, i should just walk on, leaving the two of them, it doesn’t feel like i belong anyway, even with brian in the way he just answered that question.

I walked on by, it was for the better that i shouldn’t have anything to do with brian, if i am just going to cause a burden upon him just because of my presence. I thought we had something, a spark, at first i think we did when we started to talk at imperial college at one of his gigs, but, now, i just don’t know anymore.

I felt tears rolling down my eyes, burning, i just didn’t know what else to do, i felt hurt but relieved that he may just feel the same way i do. He was a good man, i know that, but there is going to be someone better than me for him, im sure of it, and i... ill just probably end up owning a house full of cats knowing me.

“Eileen?”