Who are the characters?

This is not part of the challenge, but I just want to make sure that we are all on the same page when it come to the characters of Les Miserables. In order to do this, I have created a list!! (I love lists :D). I'm only going to do those I will actually/probably use:

Jean Valjean- convicted of stealing a loaf of bread and locked up for 19 years with the prisoner number 24601. Eventually he was released and became a mayor under a pseudonym. He then met Fantine who was close to death. Her dying wish was to have Valjean take care of her daughter Cosette.

Javert- A police inspector who strictly believes in law and order and is incapable of compassion or pity. He has a strong hatred for Valjean who he chases around Paris, constantly trying to kill him. eventually he commits suicde by throwing himself into the River Seine.

Cosette- A bit of a drip really. Fantine’s daughter, who lives as Valjean’s adopted daughter after her mother dies. Cosette spends her childhood as a servant for the Thénardiers in but even this awful experience does not make her hardened or cynical. She grows up and falls in love with Marius. blah blah blah.

The Thénardiers- Innkeepers who think up and use a lot of 'interesting' schemes. The parents of Azelma, Eponine and Gaveroche who use Cosette as a slave. They are, besides Marius and Cosette, pretty much the only people who survive. They are not nice people!!

Eponine- The daughter of the Thénardiers along with Gaveroche and Azelma. She was raised as a rich child, but as her family lost money, she became poorer. In love with Marius Pontmercy who doesn't return her love. She gets killed by a bullet which she takes for Marius.

Gaveroche- The Thénardiers’ oldest son. Gavroche is kicked out of the house at an early age and becomes a street urchin. He is a happy-go-lucky child who enjoys the small pleasures of life and demonstrates unusual generosity toward those even less fortunate than he is. He is also fierce and brave, and plays a decisive role in the barricade even though he does not have a gun. He dies. WHY?

Marius- Born into a rich family, he chooses the life of a barricade boy and fights along his friends. He lives with his grandfather who believes he is a disgrace to the family. After he sees Cosette in the street, Marius is torn between staying at the barricade or following her to England.

THE AMIS:

Enjolras- The leader of les amis de l'ABC. Enjolras is a radical student revolutionary. He is both wild and beautiful. Together with Courfeyrac and Marius, Enjolras leads the insurrection at the barricade.

Grantaire- Has little interest in revolution but stays out of love for his friends. Despite his pessimism, he eventually declares himself a believer in the Republic, and dies alongside Enjolras (who he is probably in love with). He drinks a lot.

Jean Prouvaire (also Jehan)- A Romantic with knowledge of Italian, Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, and an interest in the Middle Ages. He is also a poet, and goes by Jehan because it fits better into his poetry.

Joly- A  student of medicine. He is described as the happiest of the Friends, and is a hypochondriac. has a habit of scratching his nose with his cane. yes, he has a cane :D

Courfeyrac- is the centre of the Friends. He is honourable and warm, and is Marius' closest companion. Very flirtatious. He treats Gaveroche like his younger brother.

Combeferre- A medical student who is described as representing the philosophy of the revolution. Very sensible and studious. He believes in what he is fighting for.

Feuilly- An orphaned fan maker who taught himself to read and write. He is the only member of the Friends who is not a student but a workingman.

Hope this gave you a bit of an insight into the characters :P

Read, vote, comment, do whatever

Love you guys! xox