Drinking with Grantaire

Hello Chums and Chumettes! I realise that this has become a bit patchy recently so my nearly Advent resolution is to update more frequently :D Yep, this will actually be updated either everyday or every other day. Or when I have time.

Scratch that resolution... It may never happen. I will TRY!!

This is called 'Drinking avec Grantaire' and I have to use my character or someone else or lots of minions of France and make them drink and talk about the antics they get up to! Lets put it in the 21st Century just for the heck of it

Love you guys lots xxx

************************************************************************************************************

Marius stormed into the Musian with smoke pouring out his ears. He went straight to Reneé at the bar and started angrily ranting to her. Combeferre, Eponine, Sophie and Grantaire were watching his moves from their table in the corner. Marius grabbed a drink from the barmaid's hand and marched over to the then. He slumped into the spare chair next to 'Ponine and downed his liquor in one.

''Something wrong?'' Grantaire asked with a hint of sarcasm. Marius hit him.

''None of you would understand. I'm in agony. Just leave me alone.'' Marius glared at the four people in front of him.

''No way! We were here first, so you can leave us alone.'' Sophie-Demelse folded her arms and snapped back at her brother. ''Unless you want to tell us why you're like this?'' She added hopefully. Marius stood up and cleared his throat.

''Well you see... You all know Cosette?'' Everyone nodded, ''Well her father is insisting that she moves to England and..'' He took a deep breath, ''I'M GOING TO BE ALOOOONE!'' He buried his head in his arms and started sobbing. Eponine reached over to stroke his hair.

''Aw Marius, that's really sad. But you've got all of us and we're going nowhere. Cosette's not your whole world and everyone loses someone at some point in their lives. It may be hard at first but remember that things can only get better.'' Marius lifted his head and smiled at 'Ponine. He stood up and gave her a  hug before ambling off to sit with Enjolras who was glaring intensively at a pile of papers in front of him.

''Bye then.'' Eponine muttered miserably before shrugging and getting to her feet. ''I'm heading home, you guys coming?'' Combeferre and Sophie had one of their telepathic moments where they looked at each other and gave the answer simultaneously.

''We'll stay.'' They smiled up at her. Eponine turned to look at 'Taire who promptly burst out laughing.

''Me? Home now? Jeez Ep! Its only like nine thirty! There's more alcohol to drink, more chicks to flirt with and...'' He trailed off gazing in Enjolras' direction.

''Fine.'' Eponine gave each of them a kiss on the cheek then left, letting cold air fill the Musain.

''Another round!!!'' Grantaire yelled at Reneé who promptly carried over a tray of drinks matching the trio's order: Red wine for Grantaire, Campari and Soda for Combeferre and a glass of sparkling water for Sophie because she was driving. They clinked their glasses in a 'cheers' and started to enjoy the evening. Within the next hour the little table became very crowded with friends, all of them drinking and laughing. Everyone was there except Enjolras who was sitting where Marius left him, elbow deep in paperwork. Grantaire got up and stumbled over to him.

''Stop being a *hic*. Stop being a bo-o-o-o-re. Come join *hic* us and forget ab-ab a what? About your work. You're tooo obsess *hic* obsessed with nonse-e-e-ense.'' Enjolras squinted up at Grantaire and smirked.