Tormented Heartbreak

I got up and did my morning business with exhaustion. I didn't even go to sleep. I thought I had but when Landon left, I woke right back up. My arm was hurting along with my head. Then to make things worse, I had my period. I sloppily put my hair up then threw on some comfortable clothes.

I touched my collarbone where he left a love bite then to my lips where his brushed against mine.

I dropped my hand and stuff my phone into my sweater pocket and twisted the doorknob to my bedroom. I opened it to only have Ryder past by along with the two girls he came home with. He had to take a second glance before stopped though. "Come on, Prince. I'm hungry baby."

I stripped my eyes away from him and closed my door. The two girls looked to where he was looking and gave me a disgusted once over. We were silent and then he left with the girls trailing behind. Looking over their shoulders to stare at me like I was a pest.

I wanted to cry. Yell at him. Curse him out.

I don't know why I should be so heartbroken about this when we aren't even at thing. I put a hand over my chest thinking that the necklace was still there when I had forgotten that I had given it to Leo. So instead, my finger grazed over my sweater to my collarbone where Landon left his mark.

I pulled myself together and went into the dining room where loud chatter was heard. "Oh god this is so good!"

I stopped before I could enter but Kamier was sitting in his usual spot which was facing the entrance of where I was standing. His brown eyes snapped over to me and went still. I watched Ryder as he playfully kissed them. Moving his hands all over them under the table. So I just stood there and let it happen.

Tears fell as I quickly wiped it away. I turned around and left, having no appetite to eat. I went out through the back and just kept going wherever my feet was willing to take me. And the tears kept flowing and my chest kept hurting.

Dizziness got the better of me, knocking me off my feet and to the ground. Sweat ran across my forehead as a sharp pain hammered inside my head. I sobbed and held my head in pain. I deeply and heavily breathed.

I pulled myself together and blindly made my way out of the backwoods of their property and got myself to the hospital on foot since I had nothing on me but my-. I patted my pockets to get my phone out and dreadfully grunted. I kept a straight face on and continued on a different route.

Jennifer was in front of me now with the test results in her hands. As she was looking it over and was about to flip the page, she flipped it back, re-reading it over. Her eyes grew as the paper crunched under her hold. She snapped her glassy eyes to me. "Is it bad?" I asked worriedly.

She reluctantly gave me the papers as I read through it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I don't know how many times I had to re-read it over to have it finally sink in. I took a deep breath and slowly let it go. "I-I have b-brain tumor?" I breathed out.

I dropped the papers and covered my face. Jennifer stood up and removed my hands. The tears fell as she cupped my face. "We need to schedule you to have surgery to remove the tumor, Scarlett or else it's going to get worse."

"It's at its third stage already," I whispered brokenly. "How likely am I even going to survive?"

Her eyes fluttered as tears fell from her eyes. She wiped them away and hugged me. I silently sobbed into her shoulder as she held me tightly. "You're going to live. You will," she confidently said breaking my heart even more.

When we calmed down a bit, I told her I didn't want anyone else to know about it and asked her when it was going to kill me. "I don't want you to think about it like that, Scarlett," she said as she held my hands. "If you think-"