SESSION 9 (Part 2)

Song : Peacock Affect Autumn

'Clark.. what did you say?'

'Please.. please don't touch me.. I don't want you to hurt me'

'Clark I would never hurt you.'

'That's what she said as well.'

'Who? Who told you that?'

-- Silence--

'CLARK! WHO HURT YOU?'

'My mother'

'But you said..'

'I'm not really sure, but sometimes she would sneak into my room.. late at night.. and she'd put her hand on my lap.. just like you did and...'

'Clark, you need to tell me, what do you remember, what did she do after that?'

'Kelly I'm not so sure, I cant really remember..'

Realization dawned on Dr Kelly, and she realised just how much trauma Clark had gone through.

She couldn't help it, she needed him to understand that she would always be there, without thinking about it.. she engulfed him in a hug.

Even though she knew it was wrong, she would be questioned by her superiors, she needed him to know she cared.

Clark was stiff at first, perhaps he had never received that kind of attention before, But soon feeling the warmth that engulfed him, and listening to the fuzzy feeling in his heart, he hugged her back.. tightly, as though his own life depended on hers.

For the first time in a long time, he felt wanted, he felt loved, and before he realised what was happening, tears begun to cascade down his cheeks, tears of pain, anguish and sorrow. Deep down he also knew that his mother had hurt him, even though he didn't want to face that grim reality.

Kelly broke the hug, and sat down to face him in the eye

'Clark..' her voice broke, she had been crying as well

'Clark I think you have a case of repressed memories, it happens when people undergo a tremendous amount of stress and trauma. '

'They block out things that they didn't like or enjoy, or cant bear dealing with.'

'But what would I want to block out?'

'Clark..'

'I.. I cant know for sure.'

'Just tell me what you think, I can tell you are hiding something.'

'Clark .. I ..I think your mother sexually abused you.'

'