Kelly x Stella

Song: Soley - Pretty Face

The little cab pulled up to a small cottage style house. It was hidden in the forest green hills of Laverna.

The sign read Carrie Retirement Home, she immediately knew she was in the right place.

She gathered courage from the depths of her soul, assuring herself that she was doing the right thing.

'This is for my own peace of mind.' she told herself.

The deceit was clear in the way she couldn't utter the words confidently, this wasn't just for her, this was for Clark too.

'Stella Gutierrez' she told the receptionist

'Really?'

'Yeah, is she not around anymore?'

'No. its just that nobody comes to visit her anymore.'

Must be cause of that snarky attitude, she said to herself.

'She's in room 12, please take a right down the hallway.'

'Thanks.'

--

The numbers 12 were written boldly on the doorway.

With one last resolve, she knocked lightly and walked in.

The room was dark, dim light coming from a small out of date lamp, her eyes took a second to adjust to the darkness.

She walked over to the little bed in the corner, a small photo on the bedside table had caught her attention. She reached out to grab it-

'I have been expecting you.'

Kelly's heart narrowly stopped beating, Stella slipped out of the shadows.

A frail old woman, her hair crowned with locks of grey hair. Her eyes hollow and deep, stories untold beneath them. Little crows feet emerged from her eyes, signs of her old age.

Yet even as Kelly assessed her up and down, she could not fail to remark on the uncanny resemblance between them. Clark and Stella were definitely of the same blood.

'I have been dying to meet you.'

'Likewise my dear child.'

'Come sit down, there is a lot we need to talk about.'