I'm Sorry | Ayato Kirishima

ayato x female! reader

***

( Requested by @MashedPotatoez )
Sorry it's super late..
I wasn't sure how to write this scenario..
Hope you enjoy it!

***

Ayato was a nervous wreck.

Just a few moments ago, he had accidentally ticked you off, causing you to slap him across the face and run straight home.

Now he was wandering the Aogiri headquarter halls searching for you, occasionally bumping into other Aogiri Tree members.

"Hey, (First Name)?" He called, hating the way his own voice echoed back through the empty halls.

"(First Name), I'm sorry for what I said, so could you please come out now?" He tried again, and sighed quietly. "Damn it."

"I'll check her home." Ayato grumbled as he left the headquarters.

***

You were huddled in the corner of your living room, rocking back and forth on your heels.

The someone pounded on the door suddenly, and you tried to ignore it.

"Hey, (First Name)?" The familiar voice of the blue-haired ghoul called out and you sighed to yourself.

"(First Name), I know you're in there." Ayato tried again, and you continued to stay silent. "Look, I'm sorry-"

Tuning the sound of his voice out, you opened the back door and soundlessly bounded out into the night.

***

The evening air was chilly on your skin as your feet pounded on the concrete.

You knew it was unreasonable for you to be so pissed at Ayato for something so stupid. But it wasn't the first time he'd done something like that.

You were so lost in your own thoughts that you didn't notice another ghoul creep up on you.

The blunt force of a kagune struck the middle of your back and you were sent crashing into a tree.

"Well.. What do we have here?" The cold voice of the other ghoul cut through the still night air. "You're in my territory, kid.."

You clenched your teeth and heaved yourself to your feet, wincing at the pain shooting through your spine.

Your (Eye Colour) eyes began to melt into red and black, and you willed your (Kagune Type) kagune to sprout from your back.

You hadn't been hunting or eating lately, and your kagune had become nearly uncontrollable.

It slowly enveloped your body and you swallowed back a scream that was building in your throat. Your whole body burned, and the (Favourite Colour) kagune dug into your skin as it wrapped itself over unprotected flesh.

The other ghoul slammed you into a the alley wall with his kagune and you coughed, a spray of blood splattering the ground.

"This is the end.."

Your oxygen flow was cut off and your kakugan began to revert back to (Eye Colour).

Suddenly, you were dropped to the ground and the pressure on your neck disappeared.

You fell forward and into someone's warm arms.

Your eyes slowly cracked open and widened at the sight.

"A-Ayato?"

"Hey, idiot." He said affectionately, stroking your (Hair Colour) locks.

You collapsed into his arms, and bit back your sobs as he continued to embrace you.