Chapter 6

Niall POV

“And the bad news is….. We may have been able to keep you alive for now but from the heart problems you received from the car crash a few years back it caused problems…. You only have a little bit to live. We are sorry we tried to stop it but when the bullet in your chest starts to dissolve the toxins will enter your body.”

Liam’s eyes fill with tears and his smile fades slowly.

“W-what heart problems?”

“Well, when the car hit Niall, the door pressed against his chest. Compressing his heart and making it slow down. It became weaker and stayed that way. If he undergoes surgery it might reduce the risk of death but other than that there is no way of stopping the result. If you want to try surgery it will have to be done immediately. (I know this can’t actually happen but this is fan fiction people!)

Oh crap. I forgot to tell Liam about my heart issues. Well I guess I wasn’t really expecting to be shot in the chest….

I look over to Liam to see that he is silently crying. “Oh Liam…” He throws his arms around me and sobs into my neck. ‘I can’t lose you when I just got you!” Tears rush to my eyes, flooding over my eye lids. He whispers ‘please’ over and over into my neck, making sweet butterfly kisses to the skin.

I lose control of the sobs racketing through my body. All of the tears I have ever held in over these years make their way through my body. I hold onto Liam running my hands through his hair.

A knock at the door interrupts us and Liam and I break apart. He stands up and walks to the door, slowly. He wipes the corner of his eyes and clears his throat. He opens the door and talks to the person.

“Who are you?”

The voice that answers is one that I thought would never hear again.

“I’m Hannah Horan and if you don’t let me through I will cut your fucking balls of and fed them to my dogs.” Liam backs away and Hannah comes rushing in and wraps her arms around my body. I hold her close and whisper in her ear “I got out of that hell hole as soon as I had the chance. I’m sorry I wasn’t here after the accident. Mum told me you shut down and completely changed. And judging by your tattoos I can tell. What happened to the boy who wore polo shirts and cringes at people with tattoos?” I glare at her and snap, “He fucking died in the car crash.” I stand up and the wires connected to my body just fall out. Wow cheap hospital.

I sprint out of the room into the halls and finding an elevator. I jump in and hit the first button I see. The Roof.

I slide own the wall of the elevator putting my head in my hands. A pumping in my chest masks most of the pain. I have felt that ever since the accident but it seems one million more times intensified.  There’s a numbness in my fingertips. My heartbeat slows and I stagger to stand.

The elevator doors open and my eyes are opened with this most magnificent sight.

There are flowers everywhere and there is a canopy bed and a beautiful bench. I walk over and lay on the bed facing the now setting sun.

A few minutes later Liam comes up to the roof and lays next to me on the bed.

“Listen Nialler, I know you are upset but that doesn’t gi-“I shush him and straddle his hips. I kiss his neck softly up to his cheek. I kiss the sides of his lips then I softly kiss his lips. His mold onto mine perfectly and he slips his tongue into my mouth. I gently tug at his shirt and he gives me a questioning look. I nod and lift the shirt over his head. I run my hands down his abs and kiss his v-lines.

He pulls me up to him and lifts his hands under my shirt pulling it off. The top of my chest is bandaged tightly. He traces his hands across the inked skin of my torso.

“Niall. You know I will always love you, right?”

“Forever and always.”

He places his hand on my cheek and pulls me down to him his lips connect to mine in a sweet and love filled kiss. He places his hands on my back and sparks flutter through my whole body. A burning sensation waves through my chest and I sit up quickly, looking at Liam before my eyes roll back and everything goes black.  

Liam’s POV

Niall’s soft skin brushes against mine as he sits up quickly. The bandage covering his chest becomes red very quickly and his eyes roll into the back of his head. I pick him up and carry him to the elevator.

As the doors open we run into the main lobby.

“PLEASE SOMEBODY PLEASE I CAN’T LOSE HIM NOW!”

I can’t…