Chapter Seven

"Don't go."

Chapter Seven

I can feel it in my bones.

It's been slowly happening for weeks.

I lost feeling in my legs four days ago and now I can barely move. I've been on and off for sleep but today I'm trying my best not to fall asleep.

Oli is coming today.

Speaking of the devil, he knocks before entering.

"Hey, Ella." He whispers.

It looks as if he's about to cry.

"It's okay." I say quietly.

"Does it hurt?"

"Only emotionally now. I've numbed out the real pain and besides medication helps big time."

I feel my mom squeeze my hand and I slowly turn to look at her. I give her a small smile.

"You're going on tour soon?" I ask him.

He nods. "I'm very excited."

"Can I get a preview? I don't want to be some cheesy girl in a fanfic but sing for me?"

He nods with a smile.

He begins singing and his voice cracks. He has to stop and tears flow down his eyes.

I feel myself drifting off to sleep. Oli takes notice and packs his stuff up.

Oli?" I whisper before he turns to leave.

  "Yes?" His voice is choked up as he knows this will be the last time he ever sees me.

  "You know I've never had my first kiss?"

  "Is that so?" He gives me a small smile.

  "Can you change that? I know you have Hannah and all but..." I ramble.

  "Of course."  

He comes to my bed and softly kisses me on the lips. He gets up to go and before he leaves he turns back to look at me for the last time.