Chapter Nine

*A/N HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT A THOUSAND+ READS. OH MY GOD. I'M SCREAMING. LITERALLY. I'M NOT BEING AN EMOTIONLESS ZOMBIE SAYING I'M SCREAMING. I MEAN I'M FLIPPING OUT. WOWOWOWOW THANK YOUUUU.*

Chapter Nine

"Ella was... An amazing person. An amazing individual who I had the absolute pleasure of spending my time with. As I got to know her more and more an evil demon tour at her soul, ripping her life away from us piece by piece. As I became closer with her, the demon dragged her out further. Further and further away until there was no more light in her eyes. So tonight, Melbourne, tonight I'd like to premiere a brand new song. This song is called Demons." I pause and the lights go crazy and strobe around the arena.

Josh goes crazy and the rest of the band rocks out. The mosh pit screams and goes crazy, I look out at the crowd surfers. I lower my head, close my eyes, and count to ten. Then comes the cue.

"Just a girl,

An innocent,

Too young to never experience,

She begged to see the life,

She begged to dream of wonders,

Locked up in a room,

So far from reality,

She knew not of freedom,

Only of death,

Her hair fell out at the young age of thirteen,

Ripped from her scalp like never before,

Her long black locks,

Turned to dust on the floor,

Her hope turned to ashes,

Burning in the fire,

Just a young girl,

Innocent and brave,

Surrounded by family,

Surrounded by death,

The demons came out,

Gripped her in their claws,

Dragged her away,

Before the girl could breathe her last goodbye,

The demons took her to the depths of hell,

Grabbed her where the light never shined,

She came out alive,

Slapped the fuckers in the face,

She took them by the hands,

Twisted their wrists,

Showed them just who she was,

She was safe for a little while,

Lived her life,

Just as a young girl should," I pause and close my eyes, screaming out as hard I could the next part.

"The demons took her back before she could fucking see,

The hope drained from her face,

The love drained from her eyes,

The demons took it all,

Her innocence never showed again,

Just a young girl,

Sullen and dead,

Never had the chance to live her fucking life,

The girl never gave a shit,

The girl never lost that spark,

The demons took her,

Took a young girl way too soon,

Heartless and bastards with a stone cold soul,

The demons are nothing but regret.

Regret!

Regret!

Regret!"

The song ends in an epic guitar and drum solo, I jump around the stage and spin around, wiping away the tears.

"Thank you, Melbourne."

The lights go crazy, flashing every which way. White lights. Blue lights. Yellow lights. Red lights. Everywhere you looked. I waved to the crowd before I left. There will be no encore tonight. No.

I sigh and plop down on the couch. Sweat trickles down my forehead from the show. Hannah comes and kisses the sweat droplets on my forehead, smiling before wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Ever heard of a towel, Oliver?" She asks, her eyebrow raised in suspicion.

I shrug.

"The towel hasn't heard of me." My humor attempt is lame but she cracks a smile.

She tosses a towel on me. "Well here you go, now the towel can have a pleasure of meeting you." She shakes her head and plops down onto the couch.

She'll be touring with us for another three days and then she'll fly back to her own life. The mere thought of that depresses me and I quickly pull her onto my lap. Her scent overcomes me, it smells of lovely flowers. I kiss her along the neck and she let's out a chuckle.

"Trying to seduce me, are you, Sykes?" She laughs again.

"Two can play at that game." She adds.

She spins me around until she's straddling me, a determined look on her face.

~ ~ ~

"Are you sure?" My manager asks me.

I nod. "I'm sure."

"Thank you, thank you so much!" The representative of the hospital Ella stayed at gushes. Her face is beet red and she looks happier than a child on Christmas morning.

"Two hundred thousand dollars all to cancer research, five hundred thousand dollars to improve our hospital. Wow this is way too kind of you, Mr. Sykes. How can we ever thank you?"

"Try to save as many people as you can."

She nods, tears trickling out of her eyes.

"I cannot thank you enough. Thank you again." She hugs me, her hands gripping my back.

She shakes and the sobs roll off of her. I hug her back and a tear of betrayal leaks out of my eyes.

I'm making a difference, El, can you see?