Epilogue

Epilogue

Dear Ella,

It's been four years since you've died. I wish I could say that I've made such a difference in the world. I wish I could say the cure to cancer has been discovered, but it hasn't. I don't know if it ever will, but I keep on praying that it will. Remember that day in the hospital where I took you outside for the first in months? Your face reflected the sun off in sparkling rays and your eyes stared at me crazily. You laughed so loudly and happily. I have never seen anything more beautiful. 

Hannah and I married two years ago. I proposed to her on Christmas, just like you told me to do on my fourth visit with you. We are now pregnant with a baby girl. Her name is going to be Ella. I guess you'll be the first to know this but... Bring Me the Horizon are breaking up in a few months. We're finishing up one last album for everyone, then that will be the end. I don't know what I'll do without the band, but I just know I need to cherish life as much as I can and if that means giving up music to be with my family, then so be it. 

I miss you so much. People say it gets better with time but it doesn't. It doesn't. Sometimes I can hear Hannah crying when I'm getting ready for bed. She cries for you and she cries out "why." Why did you have to die, El? I've kept in touch with your friend Joshua, he misses you more than anything in the world. He's been in and out of rehab and hospitals since, the light in his eyes are gone. His fiance, Greg, is trying to bring it back though, and I hope with time it does.

We are all a wreck without you. We need you so much. Why are you gone, Ella? If this was a perfect world you would still be here. 

I stopped writing this letter for two days, but I'm finally going to finish it. I got a letter from the hospital you stayed at. They've had a break through with finding a cure, not them but like scientists and all, and it's looking really good. I just wish this could've happened five years ago (a year before you died to give it time). 

I hope you and your mom are having a good time up there, both of you were gone too soon. I guess your mom just couldn't take it anymore. 

We miss you every day. And just... I don't even know anymore ya know? Life is getting so hard and I feel a blanket over me and I don't think it will ever be lifted. I really wish I could be free but I don't think I will be until you're back alive. I love you.

Love,

Oliver Sykes