4-Maxon

Maxon and Kriss were walking around the gardens. Her hand was on his arm, they were close to each other.

"It's a lovely day out," Kriss noted.

"It's a good day for a walk," Maxon said.

"My home province was like this in the summer but was really snowy in the winter," Kriss said.

"I've actually never seen the snow," Maxon admitted. Kriss gaped at him in surprise.

"You've never seen the snow? Ever?" Kriss looked like she was in disbelief.

Maxon shrugged, "I have on television but not in person."

"We will have to go someplace where it snows. Like my province," Kriss told him. Maxon nodded.

"Of course. After the selection, perhaps?" Maxon offered. Kriss looked up at him with an expression he couldn't quite explain.

"I'd be home by then, so that'd work," she gave a ghost of a smile.

"Who says you'll be home by then?" Kriss blushed and bit her lip. Maxon sighed, thinking he shouldn't have said that.

"I'm not trying to get my hopes up," she admitted. Maxon stopped, taking ahold of both of her elbows .

"Look at me," he tilted her head up to face him, "there are only a few girls left. You have to know how I feel about you."

"I do. It's just you've seemed... Off.. All day," she couldn't explain it. Maxon couldn't either.

The rebel had been on his mind all day. He couldn't wrap his mind around why she'd let him go, let him live.

"I'm just busy with meetings and paperwork," he half-lied. Those were on his list of stresses, too.

"This is a good break then," Kriss leaned her head against him.

"It is. But lunch is almost ready. We have to get back," Maxon checked his watch.

"Sadly, yes," she seconded. He walked her up to her room and kissed her.

"I'll see you soon, my dear," he whispered and headed back to his room.

That is when he saw the slip of paper on his floor. Maxon picked it up and read the loopy handwriting.

"There will be a rebel attack in three days near midnight. Be prepared
-A.S." it was signed with only the letters A.S.

He realized someone had been in his room.

A rebel.

New chapter. It's a bit shorter. But here is some Maxriss for you Maxriss shippers. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading. Love you all my selectioners!
-Amber