Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The Reaction

Castle sat there, speechless for a moment. But once he starts talking, you can't get him to stop! "A-are you sure? Doesn't that happen after the honeymoon?" He asked. I felt hurt. Wouldn't he be excited? Nervous? Even mad maybe? But he was questioning whether or not I was pregnant.

"So, you're not happy?!" I asked him. He stood, "Of course I am!" He pleaded, "I'm just a little shocked, that's all." I sighed. "We're having a baby." I murmured. "Yeah. We're having a baby!" Castle exclaimed. I ran up and hugged him. When we left our embrace, I kissed him. It felt like we were one.

We let go, for air, and Castle asked "How far along?" I had to remember, all of things going on in my life, my head was jumbling. "Um, about 4 or 5 weeks." He smiled.
"That's why you're not showing very much."
"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I wanted to make sure that I was really pregnant. I didn't want to put so much pressure on you." I admitted.

"It's ok. Now, why don't we celebrate this new addition with a toast?" Castle asked. I lay my hand across my stomach. "Castle, I can't have alcohol. Remember?" I reminded him. He held up his finger. "Right! Then we can have apple cider." He said. We went to kitchen to get the cider.