Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Baby Names

The couch seemed especially comfortable since I've been pregnant. Castle walked in the door carrying a plastic bag, which was holding the meatball sub I was craving. I smiled. "Hey, I'm so glad you're here! I'm SO hungry." I told him. He grinned, handed me the bag, and kissed my forehead.

I tore into that sandwich so fast Castle sat in awe, watching me eat it. "I've never seen you eat like that!" He exclaimed. I set the remaining inch of the sub on the table. I leaned back into the couch and sighed. The room was silent. I started rubbing my two month, growing belly. Castle got up and sat next to me. He laid his hand on top of mine. Our fingers intertwined and I laid my head on his shoulder.

He pulled me as close to him as he possibly could and wrapped his arm around me and gently rubbed my belly with his hand. "So, have you been thinking about names?" He asked me. To be honest, I hadn't thought about names at all. I sighed. "Should I have been?" I asked. He chuckled.

"You're only two months in. You don't have to make the decision of a name until about... seven months. Or even when the baby's born! But we should at least think of some names." He replied. "How about," he paused, thinking, "Cameron? Benjamin? Walter?" I shook my head. Then I thought of an idea Castle might like.

"How about we name him after your father?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't be offended or something. He paused. For a second I thought he was mad but then he said "I'd like that. Jackson Castle." He replied.

"How about Jack?" I said.

"Yes! And what about his middle name?" Castle asked. "How about Allen like Edgar Allen Poe?" He said.

I looked up at him. "Jacob Allen Castle and Richard Edgar Castle." He smiled and I smiled back at him. I kissed him and we got up and went to bed.