Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Shopping (part 1)

Pregnancy is tough. You eat constantly, gain a bunch of weight, and don't even get me started on the hormones. I glanced down at my huge belly. I was now six months along and Castle and I were going baby shopping.

I rested my hand on my stomach and glanced at Castle, who now has to do the driving. If I still had to drive I could steer with my stomach. I touched his shoulder and he winced. "You scared me." He said. I grinned and rubbed his arm.

•••••

We pulled into the Babies R' Us parking lot and got out. I had to rest my hand on my lower back to support it, now that I had this extra weight. I hobbled along side Castle as we walked in the store. He leaned in closer to me and asked "How are you doin?" I clutched his arm for support. "Good." I replied.

When we entered the department store I was overwhelmed. All of baby stuff, the pregnant women looking like they could give birth right there and then. I sighed as we walked over to the clothes. There were racks and racks and racks of onesies and mini sized pajamas and shoes. I headed toward the aisle that was labeled 'BOYS'. I flipped through the onesies and picked out a two-pack of plain blue ones and some tiny white slippers.

I tossed the items in the cart and pushed it over to where Castle was. He was looking at pacifiers and when I approached him, he picked up a five-pack of assorted pacifiers and put them in the cart while saying, "Pacifiers, we'll need plenty of these." I grinned and we went over to the crib section.

There was a crib in middle of section that caught my eye. I sauntered over to it and ran my fingers across the dark wood railing. Castle came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. "I can just imagine him peacefully laying in here." I said to him. "Yeah, me too." He replied. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back and kissed me.