Chapter 02

Robyn Fenty

I've been keeping myself updated on the news in New York. Just Incase. No ones discovered my stepfather yet. Which was good.

I didn't really keep in touch with my neighbors, I'm pretty sure they didn't even know who I was. So if it comes down to them pointing fingers, it wouldn't be at me.

It'd been 2 weeks with my life in Cali. It was nice, and it ran smooth. I was on a wait list for apartments right outside of Hollywood and I had gotten the job at Lucy's. The apartments charged you on what you got paid, they took care of the light bills, water bills and all of that. All you needed was to pay rent and it adjusted on what your pay roll was each week. I get paid $15 an hour, so my rent would be cheap. But until then I'm staying in a motel.

"Rob! Take my table, I'm overwhelmed." Charlie, my coworker fanned herself with her notepad. "All I wanna do is take off these damn skates."
I laughed, "Okay." I skated over to the table that she was talking about. "Hi. Welcome to Lucy's, I'm Robyn. What can I start you off with."

"Robyn." A familiar voice said.
I looked up from my notepad, and instantly recognized him. Chris.

He was sitting there and he looked upset, like really upset

He was sitting there and he looked upset, like really upset. But he recognized me.
"Hi."
"It's been a while since I've seen you." He rubbed his chin looking at me.
"I haven't been around I guess. Plus I didn't think I'd see you again."
"Really?"
I shrugged, "I have to look like I'm working so my manager doesn't get on my ass. Did you want something?"
"A coffee. Black. Thank you."
"Coming right up."
"And Robyn," when I turned around he flashed me a smile, "You look really good." I blushed and skated away.

Christopher Brown

Kae was back in town. Kae, my ex. She said she needed time to think, she needed space. I don't get that. You either with me or you not.

And I told her that.
She cried, yelled, and screamed at me when I told her I wasn't waiting for her to figure out whatever she needed to figure out. She packed her things and left.
I was boiling with anger when I saw on Instagram that she was coming home to see her family with her new fiance.

That was quick.

I liked the picture just to be petty and she texted me with some bullshit.

Kae🙄
U can't be mad at me for moving on, you couldn't even wait for me. Move the fuck on Chris.

She's in town now and she's walking around happy with her fiancé, all on snapchat with 6000 second stories of her and her future "hubby".

I want her back.

So bad.

But at the same time I'm over her, it's just seeing that nigga with his arm draped over a girl that used to be mine.