Chapter 08

Christopher Brown

"Robyn come on.." I muttered, blowing her phone up with text messages. They didn't even come up as delivered.

My phone rang and I answered it not looking at the caller ID. "Robyn?!"

"Excuse me?" Kae responded, the irritation decorating her voice.

"Oh.." I frowned, unable to hide my disappointment.

  "Wow," she scoffed, "sorry to disappoint you."

"I'm sorry baby, it's just that Robyn ran out on me and I think somethings really wrong with her.."

"She won't go to the police Chris, it's not even really your problem."

"Yes it is!" That flew out of my mouth before I could even think about what I was going to say before I said it. She was gonna be really upset now.

The fact was, I've known Robyn for only a few weeks but I cared about her so much. And it was my problem that she got raped, she's hiding something from me and she won't tell me. There could be something really wrong and as long as there was a possibility that I can do something I about it. I was gonna keep trying.

Kae inhaled and exhaled over the phone, something she did when she was trying to calm herself down. Probably so she didn't go off on me. "Okay Christopher." She said.

"You're mad at me?" I titled my head to the side as if she could see me.
"You already know the answer to that."

"Why?"

"Because you're worried about this woman more than you're worried about your own fucking girlfriend!"

"I never said that!"

"From the time we got back together to now, it's always been about this bitch! Even in that small time where you weren't talking to her as much, you were still worried about her not answering your goddamn texts!"

"I'm not doing this shit witchu!" I shouted.

"You don't have to! I'm done!" She hung up and I threw my phone on the couch.

I was hurt, let's be honest. I have had feelings for Kae for a long time.

But something deep down inside of me didn't give a damn.

I bet it was hard to know your man most likely have feelings for another woman, and it was probably hard for her to try and catch my attention.

But right now? I was thinking about where Robyn could be and what the fuck was going on with her.

-

"So, lemme get this straight, you let someone as fine and sweet as Karrueche go, because of some chick -who obviously has some kind of heavy baggage- that you don't even know like that?" My friend Trey chuckled and clapped sarcastically like I was making some kind of big mistake.