Chapter 06

Christopher Brown

"Chris stop!" Kae giggled as I tried to grab her ass but ended up tickling her in the process

We were leaving my hotel room in Vegas, on our way back home. We were out of town because I had a performance at a club in Vegas, Kae decided to tag along. 
Even thought I wasn't supposed to, I was keeping in touch with Robyn. She was fun, smart, good looking, hilarious and sweet. It was cool talking to her.
I tried to maintain my relationship with Kae as well, being that this was my chance to get to that place, that love place.

Robyn told me I was lusting after Kae, I wanted to be in love with her.

She was a perfect girl for me. While quickly but carefully rebuilding her image. We were better than ever, playing around but serious when we needed to be. She didn't really bring out a romantic side in me but I forced it. I tried to think of cute dates, I bought her everything she asked for. I was trying to be the perfect boyfriend.

Kae just needed to learn how to appreciate me.

She grabbed my hand and gripped onto my arm as we walked out, trying to dodge reporters.
"Chris!" A woman shoved the microphone in my face. I moved away clenching my jaw before I snapped. She damn near busted my lip. I gripped Kae's hand harder and sprinted towards the car.

-
3:36 A.M.

I opened the door slowly, rubbing my eyes so I could see who was there.

Robyn.

Her hair was a mess and she had been crying- a lot. Her mascara was running and her bottom lip was trembling.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her inside, completely ignoring the fact that Kae was here and she was gonna kill me.
"What's up? Why are you crying?"
  "It happened again!" She sobbed, "I thought this would never happen again."
I stared at her, "What ? What happened again!"
Before she could get her words out she threw up all over my floor. I grimaced stepping back.

"Chris- I'm so sorry."  
  "It's cool, make yourself at home while I clean this up."
"I can do it."
I shook my head no and pointed to the couch. She nodded slowly and sat down. I opened the hall closet door and took out the mop. Kae came out of my guest room- that's where we ended up last night- she rubbed her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. "What are you doing?"
"Robyn's here-" I sighed when her eyes got big and she began to protest. "She's a mess right now and she needs someone to talk to."
Kae wasn't a mean person, so she wouldn't tell me to send her away, she rolled her eyes, "What's with the mop?"
"She's drunk and she threw up."
  "Gross." Kae muttered before walking back into the guest room.
-
After I cleaned up the mess Robyn made, I sat next to her, she was still crying. "What's up?"
Robyn sighed shakily, "I was getting lost in my own thoughts alone in my house, and I couldn't take it anymore.
I went out to go party and have a few drinks...." She breathed in again, "This guy was dancing with me and one thing lead to another, he had offered to take me home."

I shut my eyes knowing what was coming.

"When I told him thank you and started to leave the car he grabbed me and told me I owed him something. I shook him off and started to get out again. He threw me to the back of his truck and he-" She stopped telling her story and covered her face crying. I pulled her in close, stroking her hair. My eye caught Kae's. She had her hand over her heart with a surprised expression on her face. I guess she wasn't expecting to hear what she heard.

"Shh Robyn." I whispered.
  "I tried to fight him off, I tried!"
"I know..."

-

Robyn Fenty

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, I wasn't familiar with my surroundings at all. I sat up quickly, touching my head as I regretted my actions.

Did he take me to his house?

I panicked, hopping out of the bed and running down the steps.
"Hello?" I asked.
  I'm stupid. This is like the horror movie scenes where the first girl gets killed.

"Robyn?" I spun around at Chris' voice.
  "Oh thank god." I touched my chest. "I thought... Never mind."
"You though what? Are you okay?" He handed me a water bottle.
"I thought somebody had taken me home."
"You're lucky he didn't."
   "Huh?"
Chris sighed, "What do you remember from last night?"
"Something... bad happened."
   "You came and told me, and I let you spend the night."
"O-oh."
  "How are you feeling?"
"Not good. I have a major headache and I'm sore.." I looked down, ashamed.
"We have to call the cops."
I widened my eyes and looked up, "No! No cops!"
"Why not? You got raped! And what do you mean it happened again?"
He looked extremely angry.

Was I really that stupid to tell him that I've gotten raped more than once?

I ran my hands through my hair stressed, if I took this to the police, the bastard would be locked up. Not able to hurt any other girl, but also if I took this to the police, there was a chance somebody would bring up the case in New York. I read they're bringing in detectives from all over the United States. My name change wasn't completely done yet so I couldn't have any encounters with the law.

"Robyn?" said Chris, interrupting my thoughts.
"I probably was rambling on, I've never been raped before last night."
"Why don't you want to take this to the cops? We could get the nigga locked up!"
"I don't want to deal with that..."
  "Why not!"
"I just don't Chris!" I didn't mean to yell but I wasn't tryna get busted either. I killed someone and I still had so much of my life to live.
He stared at me for a while and looked away clenching his jaw, with his nostrils flared.

He looked disappointed in me

He looked disappointed in me... It hurt me a lot.
"Chris-"
  "Baby I'm leaving." Kae came down the stairs and kissed his cheek.
"Aight."
  She looked at me and smiled genuinely, "Hi Robyn.. I'm Karrueche."
"Hi.."
   "I'm really sorry for what happened to you."
"She'0n wanna take it to the cops." Chris muttered.
"Why not?"
  I really didn't have time for her to be asking me questions, I couldn't even answer without looking suspicious.

If I couldn't tell my friend, what makes you think I would tell you? I don't even know you, let alone like your name.

I stopped thinking that way and shrugged my shoulders. That was the only valid answer I could give at the moment.
"Whatever." Chris sighed, "Breakfast?"

"Yes, thank you." I scratched the back of my neck.

Kae left out the house and I followed Chris into his kitchen.