Chapter 05

Christopher Brown

"Robyn!" I called out from across the street, she was hanging up posters promoting Lucy's around town. She looked over her shoulder at me and the corners of her lips twisted upward.

I smiled back, looking both ways before crossing and hugging her

I smiled back, looking both ways before crossing and hugging her. I took her by surprise at first but then she wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me back.
"Where have you been?" I asked pulling away from her. "You look different."
Instead of her normal bright red hair, her hair was grown out, a sunburnt red kind of. I wasn't complaining. She still looked amazing.

"Yeah?" She twirled around, "You like?" 
"Yeah.. But why?"
She waved her hand like it was no big deal, "Just needed a change. That's all."  Robyn tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry I haven't been around. I just needed time to myself and time to collect my thoughts." She smirked a little, "You missed me Christopher?"
"A little bit." I returned her smirk and licked my lips. Despite the change of appearance she looked good. Like real good.
"What you looking at?" 
   "You." I jutted my chin out, not caring how honest I was being.
"Not so fast." She waved her finger in the air, placing her other one on her hip. "You're still dating Kool Aid."
I wasn't supposed to, but I bursted out laughing, "Robyn you know that's not right!"
"I seen the blogs! Mhm, I got caught up on your life mister.."
"Oh so you've taken a liking to me?" I smiled, stepping closer to her, "You apart of Team Breezy huh?"
"Team who?"
I chuckled, "That's my fanbases name."
"Who's Breezy?" She quirked her eyebrows, confused.
"Me, that's my other stage name."
  "Oh."
I laughed, "But back to the subject at hand. Miss Robyn has done her research on lil' ole' Chris Brown."
She smirked playfully rolling her eyes. "Stop before someone starts taking pictures, I've gotten enough attention from those lil blogs since that night."

"Oh yeah, you don't have no social media?"
"Oh!" Robyn grinned at me, "Look who's doing their research now."
I chuckled, "People kept saying they found you but they was fake pages."
"Hmph." She squinted, "That's creepy."
Just as we got to joking and playing around my phone rang. It was Kae.
"Kaptain Krunch calls." Robyn giggled before walking away to hang more posters. I couldn't lie and say I didn't think it was funny the way Rob made fun of her name.

It took me a while to answer the phone.

"Yo."
  "So you just gonna disrespect me like that?!"
"What is you talking bout?" I rolled my eyes, rubbing a hand along my face.
"Listen to what I just read," Boy she sounded pissed, " 'Spotted: singer Chris Brown and unknown woman standing in front of a diner sharing a flirtatious conversation' really Chris?! Really?!"
"How they know it was flirtatious? It could have been friendly."
"They took video, Chris. You're fucking checking her out in this video! You're not single anymore!!"
"Okay, my bad. I won't do it no more."
  "Stay away from her."
"Kae you ca-"
  "Or you lose me. For good."
-

"What is your problem?! Why are so insecure?" I asked, storming into her office.

Until Kae built her modeling career back up she was working at her moms fashion Corp to make some extra money.

She stared at me and sighed, "Why do you get so upset when I tell you I'm not comfortable with you two continuing your friendship Chris? I'm your girlfriend. We know when another woman is trying to take our men." She threw her hands up in frustration, "You said yourself that she was better looking than me ."

"Kae," I sighed, "I said that out of anger, you know I didn't mean that

"Kae," I sighed, "I said that out of anger, you know I didn't mean that."
"So she's not better looking than me?"
  I didn't know how to answer that.
"Answer me this.." She frowned walking her desk to me.

"Do you like her?" The question totally caught me off guard, "huh?""You heard me Chris

"Do you like her?"
The question totally caught me off guard, "huh?"
"You heard me Chris."
  "I-" I threw my shoulders up and shoved my hands in my pockets. "she's attractive. She has a wonderful personality and I enjoy being around her."
She slammed a hand on her desk, "Just answer the question."
"I'm not sure, how to.. I don't think I've ever sat down and thought about if I had feelings for her Kae. But I know who I have feelings for, for sure." I wrapped my arms around her waist, earning a smile from her.
"You want me to show you how sorry I am while everyone's at lunch?"
She grinned and walked over to her office door and locked it.

-

Robyn Fenty

"Authorities found the identity of the man found dead in the closet," I read out loud in my new apartment, "his name was Jerome Harris and he was 47 years old. He was formerly married to Penelope Harris, who was killed in a car crash 10 years ago." I cringed as they mentioned my mother, scanning the article, I was relieved that nothing was written about a step daughter.

When I left the house, I made sure to take everything that had my face on it. I got rid of the pictures of me, my mother and Jerome. But kept the ones with just me and my mom.

They were close. They figured all of this out, I knew it wouldn't be too soon until someone mentioned me.

My friends from high school, the first semester of college.

I was in the process of getting my last name changed to my fathers last name, Fenty. I already used the name on everything except legal shit. But I wanted to change my name over so no one would ask questions.

My phone rang, and I picked it up, it was one of my coworkers, Elaine.
"Hey girl!" She greeted me.
   "Hi." I wiped the tears that I hadn't noticed were falling.
"You sound choked up, you good?" 
  "I'm okay."
"Well Whit wanted me to ask you were coming in today."
"I thought I had the day off."
   "We've gotten busier and busier. We need all the help we can get. Literally all of the employees are working today."
I sighed and told Elaine I'd be there in 20 minutes. I hung up, setting down my phone, stripping out of the big white T-shirt I had been wearing all day. Due to the fact that I wasn't wearing under clothes, I closed the blinds so no one saw me streaking in my own house.

I pulled on the correct uniform (this time) and tied on the apron. I forced my hair into a ponytail, slipping on my white sneakers and picking up my skates. Heading out the door.

Excuse all typos.