ErwinxReader - Not so Tough

“Welcome! To the Survey Corps!”

Erwin looked down from his stage to see a certain cadet giggling and jumping around. She jumped in circles, running up to the other cadets, their faces confused and annoyed. One of the others, a blonde hair boy, tried to get her to stop, but she just took his hands and spun him around.

“Eh, _____ you have to stop.” The blonde spoke in a panic, trying to keep himself up right.

(Name) laughed and shook her head. “No, I’m just so excited! Can you believe it Armin!? We made it this far!” She let go of his hands and danced around. Erwin raised an eyebrow at her reaction.

“We’re only this far because other people were killed! Stop being stupid and act like you should. Are you so eager to die?! Are you willing to put your life on the line for everything we stand for?!” Another cadet yelled at her, angrily grabbing the front of her shirt and pulling her forward. He glared at her, and she smiled.

Erwin just watched the two, curious how the girl will respond. His hopes were on her staying, but he didn’t know if those words had changed her mind, scared her. Her eyes narrowed and her leg came around, kneeing the boy in the side. He coughed and let go of her, dropping to the ground. Kicking him again, she placed her hand on her hips.

“Of course! Isn’t that the whole point of joining the Survey Corps?! You have to be strong, have willpower. If you don’t have that, leave now and join the others!” Erwin’s eyes widened at her sudden change of attitude, and he had to admit, he liked it. “If you aren’t prepared to die, then you are weak, and are not accepted to join.”

It was about time he stopped this and sent them away, but he really wanted to talk to the girl. “Quiet! You are all dismissed now. Tomorrow you will be briefed of the situation at hand.” (Name) turned towards him, her (e/c) eyes meeting his. As they put a fist over their heart, he jumped down, walking towards the (h/c) haired female. As everyone departed, she stood there, smiling slyly at him. “That was quite a fight you put up.”

She smirked and patted his shoulder. “Commander, don’t try to favor me. Just because I’m alright with dying for you doesn’t mean I need you to have your attention on me. Try again next time hot stuff.” She laughed and hurried away, going to two others, one of them being Armin.

--------

“Commander! A couple of soldiers left the gate with Corporal Levi and Eren Jaeger! They are the new recruits and they took their maneuver gear with them.” A soldier ran in, out of breath.

Erwin looked up, a puzzled look across his face. “Do you happen to have the names of these soldiers?”

“Armin Arlert, Mikasa Ackerman, and… _____ _____.”

He stood up and his eyes narrowed. “Did Corporal Levi say anything to you or them? He doesn’t have that sort of position to allow those three on his mission. I’m going to go after them, it’s too dangerous and the fact that they didn’t say anything is against the laws.”

The man nodded and left, going to prepare his house. Putting on his Survey Corps uniform, Erwin left and got the rest of his gear on, in case of an emergency.

----------

The screams of both titans and soldiers echoed through the air and Erwin sped up his pace. He noticed a crowd of titans through the trees and some above and he jumped off his horse. Running forward he used his maneuver gear to shoot up into the trees, his eyes on the lookout.

Standing on a branch, his eyes widened as he saw a large titan with long dark hair. He immediately knew it was Eren, but what he was doing was his question. Next his eyes moved to (Name), who was quickly moving away from an attacking titan.