1. The Royals

The sound of birds chirping woke me up. My blue eyes took in my surroundings careful to make sure no one was watching me. I jumped down from the tree landing on my feet after awhile you learn not to sleep on the ground.

'Sorry about that again' my wolf Kei (kie) said I rolled my eyes mentally while rubbing the pink scar that reached from under my breasts to my back 'It wasn't my fault that the Alpha of that pack had rogue issues'

'I know'

I slipped on my backpack and worn leather jacket on and began walking. I'm Katerina but I prefer to be called Vinny due to my middle name Vendetta. The leather jacket I had for two years it was one of the few things I was able to take when I discovered that my pack/mafia had been destroyed. It wasn't that we were weak it was just that there were too many I believe. I wouldn't know for surely.

'It's not your fault' Kei said and I put a wall up hating to talk about the subject. I could've easily taken them all out with my powers. Yet I was too far away in the tree house to hear the commotion. The ground started shaking and I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

Once the ground stopped shaking I walked out onto the highway waiting for a diner to come up and thankfully one did. Walking in I was hit with the smell fried dough powdered sugar and coffee as I went to a booth I received a friendly smile from a waitress that followed me.

Sliding in she gave me a menu and left me to be. I stared out the window at the trees the day was gray and cloudy informing me that the next pack I come across I needed to beg to sleep there for the night.

The chirpy waitress came back "What can I get you" she asked pulling a pencil out of her hair smiling a little too brightly at me.

"Pancakes and waffles with bacon and grits no cheese and a coffee" she quickly jotted it down and walked away. I took the map and pencil out of my bag and spread it across the table. We just left the left the Black Rose pack and the rogue territory was about five miles long then we would come across- oh no.

There were three packs but were all controlled by one pack and that was the Royals Territory then I would be out of the state after a few more miles. She set my food down along with the check and I thanked her. No matter which pack I went through I would still have to go the King and Queen to ask for permission to leave. I sighed looking up contemplating my actions. I took a sip of coffee and looked back down at the map.

If I went West out of the Rogue territory then I would come across Gold Moon but that pack killed all rogues evil or not. If I went East then a group of Vampires would be waiting to suck the life out of me. North was the safest option that would not get me killed well I don't think it would.

In between my thoughts I took bites out of my food. Taking my wall down I asked Kei what we should do.

'North is the safest option right now Vinny' I sighed chugging the scorching hot coffee down my throat it doesn't bother me anymore.

I left the required amount on the table and left. Walking back into the woods I began my long journey.

-

It was sundown by the time I got to the halfway point. Blood dripped out of my forehead and lip of course rogues wanted to attack and I had no choice but to kill them. Three earthquakes and four fights and I came out with a busted lip and forehead with a few broken capillaries along my arms to stop the shaking if it got to violent.

I needed rest right now I was beyond tired and only got halfway. Climbing up the nearest tree I secured myself before falling asleep.

It was dawn when I woke up and I decided to get an early start on the day. Jumping down swiftly from the tree I began walking. Surprisingly border patrol was away and I walked right across. The air in this territory was heavy and humid it felt a little hard to breathe.