5. Vulnerability

Lucas at the top

Anais was right. As we were walking to my room she said Charlie was hugging my panda and when I walked in there he was hugging the life out of my panda. I cleared my throat and he instantly jumped away. He ran his hand through his hair and puffed out his reddened cheeks. He grabbed a textbook and held it out but I shook my head.

"I didn't mean now Charlie" I said smacking the textbook out of his hands and onto his foot. He chuckled but picked it up still.

"Well I'm here now but how about we go get some food from the kitchen" I narrowed my eyes smiling. He was too innocent for me. I remember when I was younger I had a boy who was a total badass and I loved it.

"Sure but let me change shirts I'm sweating in this thing" I went grabbed a tank top and cardigan out of my dresser and went into my closet to change. When I came back out Charlie offered to carry me I agreed reluctantly. He threw me over his shoulder and I held onto his toro laughing slightly. My messy hair was now like a tail that trailed behind him.

It felt a little weird because my head kept hitting his back so I held on tighter. He stopped and bent down slightly and when he lifted up I saw a smiling Anais. Her curly hair clouding most of her face but her smile was apparent. Our giggles and others were the only things heard as we made our way through the castle.

Until he stopped abruptly and set us down. Anais had a red face as she leaned against the island expectantly "So who's cooking" I looked at Charlie who held his hands up.

"No can do I'm banned from cooking after the boiling coke and mementos and forgetting to put water in the Ramen noodle cup" he said and I laughed imagining what the cup would look like.

Then their gaze settled on me "I guess I can whip up a little something" I pulled my hair up and washed my hands. I used to cook dinner with my mom almost every night sometimes she would let me cook dinner all on my own.

I looked in the cabinets for my special ingredients. It was the secret recipe that I came up with when I was messing around with my brothers. 

"Everyone out this is a special recipe"

They all got out and I began my magic.

-

I was setting the dinner table when the Royal family started shuffling in. Bella and the King looked very surprised. I smiled as they all sat down and of course I set out an extra chair for Charlie and a standing Lucas.

"I hope you all enjoy" I went back into the kitchen and grabbed all the food I could and carried it to the table. Sitting down I took in everyone's nervous expression.

"It's a family secret recipe except for the main dish and dessert those are my secret recipes" I said but they still had nervous expressions as I lifted silver domes off the food "It's not poisoned if that's what you all are thinking" I said grabbing the spoon and scooping the food onto my plate "It's a traditional Italian dish but with a twist".

They all looked at each other nervous except for Anais and Charlie who already had their plates full. The three of us dug in they both moaned in delight. Anais wasn't even chewing anymore she was just taking forkfuls of the and swallowing them whole. 

Cautiously they all took bites and just as the food touched their lips Anais fainted. Almost immediately the King had me pressed against a wall his large calloused hands wrapped tightly around my throat. Clawing madly at his hands I looked into his hard black eyes until my gaze went t a frozen Anais. Her mouth was open she appeared to be screaming until she jumped onto her father.

He didn't even look back as black dots started clouding the edges of my vision. Then suddenly his hands let go and I fell to the floor taking in lungfuls of air. The black dots were slowly going away as I looked up at the King.