12. Vulnerability Again

He took my small hands and placed them over his heart "Do you feel that" I felt his heart beating erratically "I'm more nervous than you. I love you Katerina and I'll wait if you want" the moonlight that bathed our room made his face seem delicate.

"I want this Jaxon" I whispered softly looking down at our naked bodies. I felt so safe and protected under him.

"I love you" he said smiling and lifting my chin up.

"I love you too" he intertwined our hands and pressed them against the bed. 

"Here I go" he thrusted softly into me and I groaned in slight pain.

I jolted awake in my bed panic flooding me. My legs were crossed tightly and I was gripping the blanket staring around the room. The dream caused a warm wetness in my core which made me squeeze my legs tightly together.

My room was dark signaling that it was either late at night or early in the morning. I took my phone off the nightstand.

5:08 a.m.

I sighed getting up and wiping the sweat off my brow. The cold air nipped at my skin and it comforted me instantly. Walking into the bathroom I took a shower and changed into a tank top hoodie and spandex shorts. 

Knowing I wasn't going to go back to sleep I slipped out of my bedroom with my bag. Hurriedly I made my way downstairs and out the back door. Once I was deep enough into the woods I took off on a run still in human form.

The cold sweat that was forming on my body was refreshing and it made me feel at ease.Then in the spur of the moment I shifted into my wolf. I loved the feel of my paws thumping against the ground. The smell of the woods calmed me and I felt myself give a slight wolf grin. My tongue hung out of my mouth while I yipped and howled happily.

It was nice to run in my wolf form alone. All too soon I stopped and looked at the bright blue sky. When I left the sky was a dark violet color and now it was bluer than my eyes. Sighing I shifted back and put on the long sleeve gray crop top hoodie and spandex shorts and my shoes that were in my bag.

Leisurely I walked back to the castle surprised at how I'm not out of pack bounds yet. As I continued on walking the cold sweat now made me feel clammy and uncomfortable. I was breathing hard and my muscles felt tired and achey and I was starving.

By the time I reached the castle I was ready to pass out. Guards swarmed in and out the castle marching into the woods weapons in their hands. My eyebrows furrowed as I walked past them all. None of them took notice in me while I looked around.

I walked into the kitchen grabbing a water bottle and chugging almost half of it down. A terrifying but sensual growled reverberated throughout the house. I walked upstairs following wear the growl came from. It came form Jaxon's office. Just as I was about to open the door two bodies broke through the door and landed on me.

I groaned and they rolled off of me excusing themselves before running downstairs. Getting up I looked through the large hole in the door. Jaxon stood staring out the window his office was a disheveled mess that had claw marks and broken and tossed furniture around the room. Stepping through the holes I cleared my throat.

Jaxon turned around at lightning speed and threw a vase at my head. I fell back groaning and clutching my forehead. I could feel the blood spill out onto my hand and I winced clutching it.

 I looked up at Jaxon who's eyes were gold until he took in my form. In the blink of an eye he was crouched down staring at me with so many emotions in his eyes. He gently picked me up bridal style and walked to his room. He laid me down on his bed so softly it made me feel like I was a fragile piece of glass.