11. The Best Feeling Ever

It was as if the world stopped and we were the only two people left. Tingles erupted through my hands and spread throughout my body making me shiver in pure bliss. Hi eyes widened as he felt the same thing and he stared down into my eyes.

His eyes however were gold with lust and a goofy smile decorated his features. The air around him glowed making him even more delicious looking. I felt my mouth twisting into a smile too as Kei was doing cartwheels.

"Mate" he whispered softly as if it was unbelievable. I trailed my thumb across his smooth lips and something that resembled a purr was heard. His warm hands cupped my face and again the tingles erupted making me moan so very softly.

My whole body was filled with a sensual warmth that made me want him in more than one way. Looking into his lust ridden eyes made the air around us feel electric it was as if the air was softly thrumming.

Slowly he bent down and gently kissed me on my lips. That was what broke me out of my trance and I pulled away. He looked shocked but the lust was still clear in his eyes.

"Vinny what's wrong" he whispered softly stepping towards me but again I stepped back. He growled "Stop stepping away it makes me feel as if you're rejecting me" A tear slipped out and I wiped it away shaking my head.

"I can't do this" I whispered before running away back to the castle. This time no one stopped me.

Jaxon

With each step she took my heart was breaking more.  I went to ran after her but my mother's hand stopped me "Give her time" she said and I looked at her.

"She's going to run" I said the anger and the hurt building up adding to the frustration.

"If she runs she'll go to Rylan's pack house she does predictable things when she's confused" Mason piped in. I walked back to the castle myself and to the ballroom with the rest of them trailing behind.

Once I reached the ballroom I ignored the stares and went right up to Liviana. Happiness at what I'm about to say. 

"Liviana it's over" everyone in the room gasped but I smiled "I have my true mate and I don't need or want you" not giving her time to say anything I walked upstairs to my room and fell back on my bed. I was happy, sad, and angry. Happy at the fact I found my mate and I don't have to mate with Liviana. Sad because my mate doesn't want me and angry because my mate doesn't want me.

It mades a list of insecurities about myself form in my head. Lucas's head popped in and then Anais's above his. They walked still in their tux and dress and sat on the edge of my bed.

"It's not what you think" Anais said softly "Vinny is just scared that you wouldn't want her" I sat up and looked at them.

"Why not I've been nothing but nice to her" but then I thought about it "mostly I've been nice" I started scratching the back of my neck.

"You just have to prove that you don't care about her past" Lucas reasoned and I narrowed my eyes at them both.

"How do you know this" they exchanged looks before smiling sheepishly.

"When we were at that little beach after she had shifted back I saw her birthmark when she was pulling her shorts on and I wanted to tell you it's just that she said she wanted time"

I growled "You saw her in her underwear" showing my canines. He rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest.

"You told me to make sure she doesn't run sherlock" I could feel my canines contract back into my gums as I nodded in remembrance.