Chapter 2

Levi stared at the ceiling of his room. He had woken up a few minutes ago and was laying in bed. Sighing, he finally decided to get up, his sore muscles screaming in protest. He stretched and made his way to his kitchen, looking for breakfast of some sort. He had forgotten to buy groceries. 

Shutting his fridge, Levi decided to have breakfast at a café nearby. It was only 9:23, so he planned on going to the library afterwards. He made sure his house was clean and his door was locked before heading out.

<><>Timeskip 20 Minutes<><>

"One order of Crepes and an Earl Grey Tea, please." Levi told the cashier before choosing a secluded spot by the window. He sat down and pulled out his phone to check if he had any messages, before noticing a whisper-like voice coming from a few feet in front of him.

"Mikasa, im Moment im in einem Café, und dann habe ich mit der Arbeit direkt nach. Ich habe keine Zeit, nach Hause zu kommen, gerade jetzt."* Levi looked up to see Eren sitting at the table in front of him, but his back was to Levi. "Ja, ich weiß, bye."* He saw the brown-haired boy put his phone away and reopen what looked like a German book. 

Eren sighed, before finishing the food he had and packing up his stuff.

"Crepes and Earl Grey Tea, Levi Ackerman." Called the cashier. Eren recognized the name and looked around, before seeing him. He raised a hand in greeting and smiled at him before picking up his stuff and leaving. Levi looked after him for a moment before getting up to retrieve his food. 

He quickly (and properly) finished his meal, collecting his things before heading over to the library.

When he was halfway there, he heard an annoyed whisper of "Verdammt."* Levi glanced around before seeing Eren on the ground, a few papers and books on the ground at his feet. Levi walked over to him, crouching down to pick up a few papers. "Ah, fankful." Eren said, before picking up the last of the papers and taking the ones Levi handed him. 

He quickly stowed them away in his bag before looking at the other man. Levi gave a curt nod and asked "Would you by any chance be heading to the library?" Eren was silent for a minute before carefully saying, "Going library? Jes... jou?" Levi nodded. "I too am heading to the library." Eren didn't say anything, but they began walking there together. 

They were quiet; Levi wasn't sure if Eren would understand what he was saying, and Eren was too embarrassed to say anything.

They soon reached their destination, where Levi awkwardly held the door open for him. "...Fanks." "My pleasure..." 

Eren looked a bit uncomfortable when he said, "I must ve vorking..." Levi nodded before the other boy disappeared down a hallway. He looked at one of the signs on the wall, which pointed him in the direction of the computer lab. Quickly picking out a history book on Sweden, he opened it and did some research. He soon started on the paper Erwin, his commander, had requested.

"Isavel! Come vack!" There was a furious whisper followed by a little girl running into the computer lab, clutching a worn teddy bear. Eren was soon seen in the frame of the door, looking slightly annoyed. 

The girl, by the name of Isabel, promptly crawled under the table. Eren groaned, before noticing Levi. His face turned pink. "Sorries..." "Eren, play!" Isabel chanted from beneath the table. Levi quickly saved what he had done so far on the computer, in case the girl unplugged everything. 

Eren sighed before crouching down and circling the table. In a minute, Isabel was in Eren's arms, shrieking with laughter while he tickled her, carrying her out of the room.