Chapter 4

Levi left the library, immediately thinking about what he should wear. 'My uniform seems like it isn't the correct attire for this... I have a few suits I can look through...' When home, he showered and dressed. It was 5:43. 'Okay... Metropolitan Grill...' He got into his car and drove to the restaurant, getting there at exactly 5:57. Marco, Jean, and Petra were already there, waiting. 

Marco wore navy dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a navy bow tie. Jean, or the man Levi guessed was Jean, had on black dress pants, a grey dress shirt, and no tie. Petra had a knee-length pastel blue dress with short sleeves and matching shoes.

"Levi??" Petra asked, walking over. "I didn't know you would be here! You look great." She complimented him and looked at him, questioning. "Mikasa offered for me to attend, being that I know you and Hanji. She mentioned you would be here." Levi explained. Petra smiled. "How do you know them?" "Eren looks after the children in the local library, and since I spend most of my free time there, Marco introduced me to him. I then met Mikasa when i was out grocery shopping and happened to to see them."

She nodded and Marco, followed by Jean, joined them. "Levi, this is Jean, my... you know." Marco blushed. Jean had a thin, horselike face. "It is a pleasure. I am Lieutenant Levi Ackerman of the Survey Corps, Special Operations Task Force." He said, holding out his hand. Jean shook it and gave him a curt nod. Petra looked slightly amused at the way he introduced himself, but it wasn't unusual.

"HELLO!" Levi recognized the voice. "Hanji." He said formally. She was wearing an emerald green knee-length dress with grey leggings. Jean introduced Marco to her, and Levi checked his watch. "It's 6:09... Shouldn't they have been here by now?" He said, looking to the others. Everyone shrugged or frowned. 

"I'll call Mikasa." Petra offered, before taking out her phone and punching in the number. She turned and walked a few yards away, away from the crowds and loud cars by the street. Levi glanced at the others. No one was making an effort at conversation.

A minute or two passed, and Petra joined them once more. She was smiling. "Eren didn't have anything to wear, so they ran out to a store. They're on their way." And as she said the last part, Mikasa and Eren were seen in the distance walking over. "Levi Ackerman!" Eren called in greeting, waving. Levi felt slightly embarrassed at this exchange in front of his friends.

Eren wore black dress pants and a black dress shirt. He had a red tie. Mikasa had on a purple dress that came down to her knees. "Everyone, this Eren." Mikasa introduced him. "Hellos." He gave a small wave. He was not smiling. "We should go in, I think." Jean said as he gestured to the restaurant. Everyone nodded and entered the building. "Jaeger, party of seven." Mikasa said, and they were all led to their table.

It was a table for eight; Levi sat next to Marco, and Jean sat next to him. There was an empty chair next to him. Across from Levi sits Eren, and next to him is Petra, next to Petra is Mikasa, and next to Mikasa is Hanji. "How old are you, Eren? You look young." Petra questioned. He gave her a half-smile. "Eighteen." She nodded and searched for something else to say or ask. 

"Ages... all?" Eren asked curiously. Some of them looked confused at the random question, but answered nonetheless. "Twenty-two." Hanji answered. "Twenty-one." Jean mumbled. "Twenty." Marco said. "Nineteen!" Petra chirped. "You know I'm twenty." Mikasa said. Eren looked at Levi. Levi looked at Eren.

"Levi?" He looked interested. "Age is nothing but a number." Levi said with an almost disapproving voice, leaning back in his chair. 

Everyone looked surprised before laughing. Very quickly though, Eren stopped, and he seemed determined. "Really age." Levi just tilted back further. "He's twenty-three." Hanji told him, still chuckling. "Dammit, Hanji." He growled. This caused another wave of laughter. A server walked over to them. "Hello, my name is Hannes, and I will be your waiter for the evening. Shall we get you all started with drinks?" Eren buried his nose in the menu, desperately trying to read as everyone glanced at it and chose something.