Chapter 11

Levi laid in bed and looked at his phone screen, awaiting Eren's response. "Yes." lit up his screen and they texted back and forth, setting up a time for later. An hour later, 3:43, they bid each other goodnight and went to bed.

<><>Timeskip 12 Hours<><>

Levi leaned on his balcony and had a quick cigarette before getting ready. Once he had taken a shower and brushed his teeth, he looked at the clothes he had. They were just hanging out at the park, so he thought his uniform wasn't very appropriate for the occasion. He dressed in his worn jeans and a fitting blue t-shirt. He ate an apple as he made sure his house was clean before heading out.

On the way there, he turned his radio on to dubstep and lowered the volume, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. This was unlike his usual silence in the car.

Levi parked and walked up to the entrance of the park. Picking a bench to sit at, he looked around the grassy area. The sun was out, the rain had stopped, and there were a few wispy clouds drifting across the blue summer sky. Children were wearing rainboots as they jumped in puddles and clamored over the slick playground equipment.

"Levi Ackerman!" Eren's voice was heard. Levi nodded to him as the brunette sat down and looked at him. "Good morning." He told Eren before looking up at the sky. A little girl of about six ran over. Levi recognized her as a kid from the library. Upon contact, she wrapped herself around Eren's leg.

"Hellos, Isavel." Was his amused response. She giggled and clung on as her mother ran over. "Don't run off again!" She scolded, detaching her from Eren. "Hellos, Mrs. Magnolia." Holding her daughter, she smiled at the two. "Hello. Sorry to bother you!" She left with Isabel waving at them over her shoulder.

They watched them go before Levi turned to Eren. "So, what do you want to do?" Eren shrugged at this before looking over to a group of children playing tag. "I know place here." The younger boy said and stood up. He held out a hand.

Levi took it and Eren pulled him along the main path. It branched out to different, smaller ones. They took one and walked along for a minute before coming to a large tree, the biggest in the park. It was at least 40 yards high and had a trunk as thick as a bus. "Big ass tree." Levi muttered. Dropping his hand, Eren walked around it and found a footing, began to climb. "What are you doing?" Levi asked, thinking of the bugs and dirt.

Eren only ignored him, ascending higher into the tree before disappearing behind a cloud of leaves. Sighing, Levi went after him.

Climbing wasn't his strong suit. He had the ability to move from branch to branch, but his weight (from muscle) didn't allow him to move quickly or rest on slender branches. His limbs being shorter also weren't helpful when he needed to reach.

Eren, on the other hand, was skinny, lanky, and light. This made him speedy and well-suited for the activity. "Levi? Coming?" Came his muffled shout. "Yes... One moment..." The raven narrowed his eyes with determination and pulled himself up to another branch.

A laugh was heard. Levi looked to see Eren hanging upside down, his legs wrapped around a branch and his hair hanging in front of the shorter man's face. "Next vranch rest." He chuckled, before swinging himself up and away. Levi grunted with effort and made it to Eren. "Jou okays?" He asked with concern. Refusing to admit defeat, the older man nodded and stopped to catch his breath.

He found it difficult to balance, and slid to the trunk of the tree before clinging on for dear life. Eren chuckled, easily sitting on a slim bit of wood. "I hate you." Levi said with annoyance in his eyes. This only made Eren laugh harder. "Jou military. Come."