Chapter nine

I walked into the school and saw hundreds of kids walking around.

'wow' I thought to myself, 'there's a lot of kids here.'

I walked over to the front office to grab the paper that had my classes on it and this was what I saw,

1st period intro to bio

2nd period music

3rd period honors history

4th period pre-algebra

Lunch a

5th period gym

6th period honors launguage arts

7th period study hall

8th period softball club.

Looking at my schedule I immediately wished that it was eighth period. Let me tell you I'm a huge softball fan. But I still needed to get to bio.

............

It was now second period music and I had a seat in the middle of the class room. The bell rand just as a pile of kids walked into the room and sat in the empty seats.

A few minutes later a young man around the age of 26 came in and wrote Mr. Camille on the board.

He sat at the chair behind the desk in the front of the room. "hello class, my name is Mr. Camille. Today everyone will stand in front of the class and sing a song that they like. And I also noticed that there is a new student in the school district. Will Maxie please come up to the front of the room and tell us about yourself?" he said.

I walked up to the front of the room. Looking over the bunch of kids i said, "my name Maxie. My favorite band is three days grace, i mostly listen to rock music. I play year round soft ball. And I know how to play the guitar." I said before sitting down.

"thank you Maxie." mr Camille said. "now who would like to go first?" he asked and looked around the room. There were no hands up. "fine I will just have to pick. Let's have Maxie start us off." sighing i went to the front of the room again.

"do you want to use an instrument?" mr Camille said.

"do you have a guitar?" I asked

"yup, hold on." he said getting up disappeared for a moment and returned with a guitar. "would this do?" he asked handing the guitar- with a shoulder strap and guitar pick- to me.

"yeah it's fine." I said putting the guitar over my shoulder.

"at the end of the song I want you guys to guess what she was singing."he said before I began.

"I caught a chill

and it's still frozen on my skin

I think about why

I'm alone, by myself

No one else to explain

how far do I go?

No one knows

If the end is so much better, why don't we just live forever?

Don't tell me I'm the last one in line

Don't tell me I'm too late this time

[Chorus]

I don't want to live

To waste another day

Underneath the shadow of mistakes I made

Cause I feel like I'm breaking inside