Chapter four

It's been a week since I moved in with Adam after he adopted me.

And since they are going to go on your in a few weeks I will be alone for about six weeks.

And they left today. I watched from the window as the tour bus left and pulled out of the drive way.

I turned away from the window and walked to my dresser. It was filled with t-shirts, underwear, bras, and socks but I wasnt getting any of that.

Hidden in my underwear drawer was a case filled with my blades.

I knew that I shouldn't start this up again but the agony of the memory of my old family beating me filled my body with a numbness.

I needed to feel pain. I needed to feel something.

I picked up a blade from the black wooden case and walked into my bathroom. I pulled a Medical  kit out of the cabinet and took the blade and set it on my wrist.

As soon as I brought the blade across my wrist the door to my room was thrown open and on the other side was Adams cousin Matt, who was going to take care of me for a while.

You know when I said I was going to be home alone, well I lied.

The blood from my wrist dripped from my wrist and fell on the floor. It started to form a puddle around my feet.

Matt looked at the blood coming from my wrist and then the blood pooling on the floor. His face was filled with shock. "why would you do this to yourself?" he asked.

"old habits die hard." I said.