Epilogue

Epilogue

[I’m really sorry that this is an abrupt ending but Karo and I have decided that this story has been ‘dead’ for too long. We had big plans for the proper ending, we really did.  Then uni started for me and Karo had her beautiful baby girl Babs a few months ago.  Obviously, we’re both very busy and Karo isn’t sure when she can pick up writing again. As for me, I’m planning on retiring from fanfic writing as stated in my bio.  I’m sorry if you loved this story. At the same time, thank you for loving the story all along.  More A.N. at the bottom!]

It took a long time.

It took a long time for the scars from Liam’s past to heal completely, both physical and emotional.  It took a long time for Liam to feel truly comfortable with the fact that he had fallen in love with Niall Horan.  It took a long time before Liam could admit the intensity of love he felt for Niall aloud. 

And when Liam was ready, Niall was there for him.

Prom had been incredible.  Liam and Niall had gone together in complementary suits and won Best Couple—the school’s equivalent of prom king and queen.  Afterwards, Niall had led Liam away from the hotel giddily and went back to his own house for an after-party of their own.  Granted, they didn’t do anything past intense snogging due to their slightly intoxicated states—intoxicated off each other’s presence as well as the alcohol-spiked drinks.

Too soon after prom were the final exams.  The weeks leading up to the exams had been stressful enough, but not being able to spend as much time together as they would have liked had been hell, at least for Liam.  Only a week into exam preparation, they had agreed that studying together was a horrid idea as they always found ways to distract each other.  While it was fun to have short breaks from studying, it wasn’t that much beneficial when all they did was kiss and smile lovingly at each other.

Shortly after the exams—thus the end of secondary school—Liam was invited to go visit one of his relatives who lived in Scotland.  As it was far away from Wolverhampton, he agreed to go.  His auntie kindly allowed for Niall to come with him as well.  They stayed in Edinburgh for a week and explored as much of the city as time allowed.  Liam had to admit, the change of scenery from Mullingar was refreshing.  In a way, he appreciated being back in a city

It was now July and the results from their exams had arrived this morning.  Of course, both of them had passed with grades that were above-average.  They had agreed that they should meet up to celebrate by simply spending time with one another.

“When are you gonna be here?” Niall whined over the phone and Liam laughed softly at the blond’s impatience.   “I miss my Li already.”

“Ni, we saw each other fifteen hours ago last night,” Liam reminded him.  It was true; yesterday, Liam had gone over to Niall’s house for the entire afternoon.  The only reason why he hadn’t stayed for dinner and the night was because his family were having dinner together.  “And we must have snogged for a solid five minutes before my mum kindly interrupted us.”  He was now climbing up the stairs at Niall’s house front.

Niall chuckled at the memory. “Yeah, okay.”  There was a pause. “You’re at the doorstep, aye?”

Liam wasn’t startled as he knew that Niall’s window faced the front of the house. “Yup.  Wanna come let me in?”

“The answer will always be yes; always for you. ‘Kay, I’m hanging up on you now.”  There was a click on the other side of the line as Niall signed off.

Soon, the door swung open and Liam was met with the sight of a grinning Niall.  His eyes sparkled when they landed on Liam’s, which made them appear even bluer (if that were even possible).