Chapter 8

Mina-having a very awkward moment-picking off nail polish

Farah and I have been sharing the room for long enough for her to get her own bed. 

I found the red nail polish that needed to taken off of my fingers more interesting than her.

"Mina," she finally uttered.

I looked up, completely shocked. "Uh, yeah?"

:"Are you and Will dating?"

I rolled my head and bounced back onto my bed, sighing.

Could that blonde bitch say anything else?

The tension in the room was becoming tangible. I looked like thick smoke. And it smelt awful.

Then I heard a shrill beeping sound. I guess it had a jingle too.

"MINA! FARAH," I heard Belle shout from downstairs.

We bolted down the steps. What the hell was going on?

"Yeah, Claire?" I shoved my hands into my hoodie pocket, calling to my mom before I reached the kitchen.

I pushed the door open to see my family dressed in foam.

"Ew," Farah and I commented at the same time. 

We glared at the each other, crossing our arms.

"What happened here," I asked. Everyone let out a huge sigh.

"We were trying to bake you cookies, because you were sad," Claire told me, sheepishly.

I rolled my brown eyes.

"A girl with a figure like mine cannot eat cookies, mom." I narrowed my eyes to slits. "And you never cook."

"Go to your room, Malina," My mother cried exasperated.

I think I had an idea what she'd been doing.

*******************************************************************************

Will-SIREN HISTORY-WHERE IS MINA??

"Hello, class," Ms. Hench greeted. At least she wasn't calling us maggots.

Mina still wasn't here. 

The door opened, but I was disappointed when I saw who was there.

Conner.

I rolled my eyes. I saw him scan the room for her, even though she wasn't here. 

His eyes brightened and he walked faster towards the back of the room.

I raised an eyebrow.

Mirage?

 I mean, that could very well be the case. I never considered Conner psychologically stable…

I looked back, prepared to see a cactus with a bow, but instead I saw Conner giggling with the girl I had just recently confessed my love to.

 Malina Venus.

************************************************************************

Farah-looking for will-looking for will-looking for will

Siren History class ended without me going, but I wasn't concerned. I once missed a whole semester, and I wasn't too behind.

I found him in the last place I'd thought to check.                

The stinky stupid school library that no one with a life went to without a reason.

"Will?"

He didn’t look up.